Top Oracle Interview Questions With Answers Part 1
1) What are the components of physical database structure of Oracle database?
Components of physical database structure are given below.
- One or more data files.
- Two or more redo log files.
- One or more control files.
2) What are the components of logical database structure in Oracle database?
Components of logical database structure.
- Table spaces
- Database's schema objects
3) What is a table space?
- A database contains Logical Storage Unit called table spaces. A table space is a set of related logical structures.
- Actually a table space groups related logical structures together.
4) What is a SYSTEM table space and when it is created?
- When the database is created in Oracle database system, it automatically generate a SYSTEM named SYSTEM table space.
- The SYSTEM table space contains data dictionary tables for the entire database.
5) What is an Oracle table?
- A table is basic unit of data storage in Oracle database.
- A table contains all the accessible information of a user in rows and columns.
6) In the Oracle version 220.127.116.11.0, what does each number shows?
Oracle version number refers:
- 9 - Major database release number
- 3 - Database maintenance release number
- 0 - Application server release number
- 5 - Component Specific release number
- 0 - Platform Specific release number
7) What is bulk copy or BCP in Oracle?
Bulk copy or BCP in Oracle, is used to import or export data from tables and views but it does not copy structure of same data.
The main advantage of BCP is fast mechanism for coping data and you can also take the backup of data easily.
8) What is the relationship among database, table space and data file?
- An Oracle database contains one or more logical storage units called table spaces.
- These table spaces collectively store whole data of databases and each table space in Oracle database consists of one or more files called datafiles.
- These datafiles are physical structure that confirm with the operating system in which Oracle is running.
9) What is a snapshot in Oracle database?
- A snapshot is a replica of a target master table from a single point-in-time.
- In simple words you can say, snapshot is a copy of a table on a remote database.
10) What is the difference between hot backup and cold backup in Oracle?
- Hot backup (Online Backup): A hot backup is also known as online backup because it is done while the database is active.
- Cold backup (Offline Backup): A cold backup is also known as offline backup because it is done while the database has been shutdown using the SHUTDOWN normal command.