AJAX - History of XMLHttpRequest
- XMLHttpRequest was formerly initiated by Microsoft.
- It was later taken over by Mozilla, Apple, and Google.
- Currently it is being regulated under the Web Hypertext Application Technology Working Group (WHATWG).
- XMLHttpRequest handles not just XML data but all kinds of data.
- It extends its protocol support to HTTP and FTP.
Syntax for creating a XMLHttpRequest Object
var myRequest = new XMLHttpRequest();
- This initiates the use of XMLHttpRequest code in the coding part. This object can be used to send request and receive response to / from the server.