CSS - Border Style
CSS - Border Style
- The border-style property depicts that the certain style for a line (solid, dotted and double) that goes around an element.
- The border-style property specifies what kind of border to display.
There are several types of styles for the border they are :
- none - Simply no border
- dotted - Depicts a dotted border
- dashed - Specify a dashed border
- solid - Display a solid border
- double - Depicts a double layer border (Thick Solid)
- Groove - Border looks like 3d grooved (narrow cut) line.
- Ridge - Looks Completely opposite to groove border.
- Inset - Border looks firmly attached to your webpage.
- Outset - Border looks coming out of the lower screen.
- Hidden - Invisible border same as none.
Sample Code :
<!DOCTYPE html><html><body><p style="border-width:thin; border-style:solid;">Welcome to WikiTechy.com</p><br /><p style="border-width:thick; border-style:dashed;">Where you can learn all the technologies.</p><br /><p style="border-width:5px; border-style:dotted;">Best E-Learning Website in the world.</p><br /><p style="border-width:5px; border-style:ridge;">You can learn technologies easily here.</p><br /><p style="border-width:5px; border-style:groove;">Execute the Code pragmatically @wikiTechy.com</p><br /></body></html>
Code Explanation :
In CSS, border–style : solid for an <p> element will display a solid border around it.
Border-style : dashed for an element will display a dashed border around it.
Border-style : dotted for an element will display a border in dotted lines.
Border-style : ridge property is used to apply a narrow border around an element.
For better understanding we have used border-color property. Border-style : groove property is used to display a 3D grooved border. Note : In order to understand ridge and groove we need to add border-color which we will learn in next chapter.
- The output of the above example is displayed in the browser window is shown below.
Here the paragraph text “welcome to wikitechy” will have solid border around it.
Similarly dashed border will be displayed around the text “Where you can learn all the technologies.”
The text “Best E-Learning Website in the world.” will appear in browser window with dotted border around it.
The Text “You can learn technologies easily here” will have ridged border (narrow border) around it.
Over here, the paragraph “Execute the code pragmatically @wikitechy.com“will be displayed in the browser window with 3d grooved border.