mongoDB - Introduction
- MongoDB was created by Dwight Merriman and Eliot Horowitz.
- According to Merriman, the name of the database was derived from the word humongous meaning “the idea of supporting large amounts of data.”
- Merriman and Horowitz helped form 10Gen Inc. in 2007 to commercialize MongoDB and related software. The company was renamed MongoDB Inc. in the year of 2013.
- MongoDB is a cross-platform and open-source which is used for document-oriented database, a kind of NoSQL database.
- In mongoDB there is no relational database used.
- MongoDB is being built on an architecture of collections and documents.
- MongoDB is considered as the favor to JSON document format that is BSON (binary JSON) with dynamic schemas.
- So, we can make the integration of data in certain types of applications easier and faster.