These Terms and Conditions apply to the use of this Website, In using this Website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions, you must refrain from using the Website through it.
1. Registration and access
2. Intellectual Property
- A number of Materials and our services require or best operate if you register an account (“User Account”). To be eligible for a User Account you must be 13 years of age or older. We may require proof of identity as a pre-requisite to registration.
- If you are using the Website (and any Materials) on behalf of your employer, you and your employer may be bound jointly and severally in relation to these terms and conditions and your employer will be responsible for your actions. You warrant that you are authorised to agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of your employer.
- You are solely responsible for any activity occurring on your account. You must maintain the security of your account details including login and password details. If you suspect unauthorised use of your account or that your password is no longer secure, you must notify us immediately. Without limiting clause 2.1, you agree and acknowledge that in the event we suffer loss or damage as a result of a minor purporting to enter into a transaction with us, we reserve the right to take legal action and seek recompense from the parent or guardian of that minor.
- You must not use another person’s User Account without his/her permission.
3. Your use of the Website and general obligations
- Copyright and all other intellectual property rights in this Website (including its text, graphics, animations, audio-visual materials, user interfaces, photographs, code and artwork) is owned by us. Copyright in Materials is in most cases owned by us and in all other cases licensed (whether explicitly or implicitly) to us.
- Other than for the purposes of, and subject to the conditions prescribed under, the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and similar legislation throughout the world, and except as expressly authorised under such legislation, by these Terms and Conditions or with our prior written permission, you may not in any form or by any means reproduce, copy, adapt, translate, store, distribute, re-distribute, purport to sub-license, on-sell, print, display in public, perform, communicate to the public or create derivative works from the Website, any Materials or any substantial part of either. The Website and Materials may not be distributed or mirrored to any other computer, server, website or other medium for publication or distribution. Materials are licensed for your own personal, non-commercial use only.
- If as a user, you provide us with any User Content for inclusion on the Website or inclusion in or reproduction on any Materials, you grant us a royalty-free perpetual licence to use and reproduce that content on the Website or Materials as the case may be. However, we shall not be obliged to use, display, retain or keep using, displaying or retaining any User Content so supplied. You warrant that User Content that you provide will not infringe any third party’s intellectual property or other rights.
- The brand “Wikitechy”, including any logo version of that trade mark, is our trade mark and may not be used by you without our prior written consent.
4. User Content
- You are provided with access to and depending on your access levels, may be authorised to download material contained on this Website only for your personal use and subject to the payment of corresponding charges. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not, without our written permission, on-sell any information obtained from this Website, use any data mining robots or other extraction tools or metatag or mirror the Website without our prior written permission.
- You must not do anything that would impose or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Website, nor do anything to circumvent or bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Website.
- You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this Website and any Materials do not expose your computer or other devices to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may cause damage. We do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system or device which arises in connection with your use of this Website or any linked website.
- You agree that you will comply with all laws, including export and import restrictions and regulations that may apply to the use of this Website and the purchase and sale of Materials (to the extent applicable).
5. Descriptions and contents of Materials
- From time to time we may include functionality for users to upload User Content to or make comments or other postings on the Website. If you avail yourself of these facilities, you must not: upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available any content that:
- is defamatory;
- promotes, encourages or provides information about unlawful conduct or activities;
- infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights or breaches confidentiality;
- includes a photograph or other likeness, or personal information of another person without their consent;
- contains pornography, nudity, sexual acts or references;
- incites hatred or discrimination against any person or group of persons;
- contains or is used to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material;
misrepresents your relationship with any person;
- is misleading, false or deceptive (whether by representations or omissions);
- contains viruses, worms or other types of malicious or harmful programs, nor take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or
damage, modify, interfere with, disrupt or destroy the files, data, passwords, devices or resources that belong to us or do anything that compromises the security of the Website or Materials.
- We reserve the right to remove any User Content that you may post at any time without notice to you.
- In providing information relating to Materials, we attempt to be as accurate as possible however to the extent permitted at law we do not warrant that descriptions of Materials will be accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Further Wikitechy does not always exercise any editorial control over the content of Materials. Opinions, advice, representations and other information or content expressed or made available by third parties, including providers of content for Materials and other users, are those of their respective authors and not of Wikitechy.
7. Links and advertisements
- To the extent permissible at law this website and all materials are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without warranties of any kind other than those prescribed under the Australian Consumer Law or other applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, to the extent permissible at law we disclaim all warranties regarding title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of intellectual property rights. Where legislation (including the Australian Consumer Law) implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits us from excluding or modifying the application of, or our liability under, any such condition or warranty, that condition or warranty will be deemed included but our liability and the remedies available to you will be limited to the extent permissible at law.
- We do not make any representations or warranties that your access to the website and materials will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free.
- You accept that information on this website (including materials) is provided or relayed by us is general information and is not in the nature of advice and is not guaranteed to be error-free.
To the extent permissible at law, we exclude liability for any loss, damage or injury however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this website, any other linked website or materials nor do we accept responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of or reliance thereon. Without limiting the foregoing, to the extent permissible at law we exclude liability in respect of:
- Mistakes or inaccuracies on the website or in materials;
- Any unauthorised access to or use of secure servers and/or personal information and/or financial information stored on those servers;
- Bugs, viruses, trojan horses or other harmful code which may be transmitted to or through our website by a third party; or
Any interruption or cessation of transmission from our website.
- To the extent permissible at law, in no circumstance will we be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential losses or damage (including loss of profits, revenue, production, goodwill, data or opportunity, or any physical injury) of any nature arising through or as a result of your use of the website or any materials or other goods/ services purchased through it.
- This Website may contain links to other websites, including but not limited to those of third party supplier and providers (“linked websites”). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked websites.
- Our links with linked websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked websites, unless and to the extent stipulated or implied to the contrary.
- Responsibility for the content of any advertisements appearing on this Website rests solely with the advertisers. The placement of an advertisement does not constitute a recommendation or endorsement by us of the advertiser’s products and each advertiser is solely responsible for any representations made in connection with its advertisements.
9. Amendments to Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions supersede all prior representations, arrangements, understandings and agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions and sets forth the entire and exclusive agreement and understanding between the parties relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
- The parties acknowledge and agree that no rule of construction applies to the disadvantage of a party because that party was responsible for the preparation of these Terms and Conditions or part of them.
- No terms and conditions sought to be imposed by you shall bind us unless we agree to same in writing.
- We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon publication on this Website and will apply to all transactions occurring and agreements entered into following such publication. Your continued use of the Website following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the Terms and Conditions as amended.