What is the difference between a mobile application and website application ?
What is app?
- An app is a self-contained program or piece of software designed to fulfil a particular purpose; an application, especially as downloaded by a user to a mobile device.
- Unlike a mobile website, a mobile app must be downloaded and installed, typically from an app marketplace, such as the Apple App Store or Android's Google Play store.
why apps are faster then websites ?
- A well-designed mobile app can perform actions much quicker than a mobile website.
- Apps usually store their data locally on mobile devices, in contrast to websites that generally use web servers. For this reason, data retrieval happens swiftly in mobile apps.
- Apps can further save users time by storing their preferences, and using them to take proactive actions on user's behalf.
- There is an even more technical justification as to why mobile apps can work faster.