benefits of cloud computing
what is cloud computing ?
- Cloud computing is computing based on the internet.
- Where in the past, we would run applications or programs from software downloaded on a physical computer or server in our building, cloud computing allows us access to the same kinds of applications through the internet.
- When we update our Facebook status, we’re using cloud computing.
- Checking our bank balance on our phone? we’re in the cloud again.
- Chances are, we rely on enterprise cloud computing to solve the challenges faced by small businesses, whether we’re firing off emails on the move or using a bunch of apps to help us to manage our workload.
- Why are so many businesses moving to the cloud ? It’s because cloud computing services increases efficiency, helps improve cash flow and offers many more benefits.
Less Environmental Impact
- The IT ecosystem represents around 10% of the world’s electricity consumption.
- Cloud computing - Has enormous potential to positively impact the world of IT—not only businesses’ performance but also their carbon emissions.
- With fewer cloud computing data centers worldwide and more efficient operations, we are collectively having less of an impact on the environment.
- Enterprise Cloud computing - reduces hardware consumption, carbon dioxide emissions and energy costs.
- At any given time, servers are used as per requirement and this saves a lot of energy.
- Companies who use shared resources improve their ‘green’ credentials.
- One of the greatest benefits of “cloud” or “clouds” is that it enables small businesses to access the type of technological resources they wouldn't afford.
- This makes them even more competitive and gives them a chance to face big companies with already established market presence.
- Small companies that use these services are more focused, directing all their energy towards the core business activities instead of maintaining & updating software and hardware.
- Without the in-house servers, computers and other expenses, small companies have more funds to re-invest in themselves.
- As the fortunes rise & fall, they can scale their cloud services to accommodate the changing needs'.
- For example, if the small company suddenly gets a huge client, it can easily accommodate this by changing its storage subscription plan to create room for the big image files they'll be creating for the big client.
- cloud computing services - One way of providing increased business productivity and competitiveness.