HTML form read only SELECT tag/input
- form html - According to HTML specs, the select tag in HTML doesn't have a readonly attribute, only a disabled attribute. So if you want to keep the user from changing the dropdown, you have to use disabled.
- The only problem is that disabled HTML form inputs don't get included in the POST / GET data.
- What's the best way to emulate the read only attribute for a select tag, and still get the POST data?
- html form action - You should keep the select element disabled but also add another hidden input with the same name and value.
- If you reenable your SELECT, you should copy its value to the hidden input in an onchange event and disable (or remove) the hidden input.
Here is a html form example :
html form input :
- We could also use this demo
- Disable all except the selected option
html code :
- This way the dropdown still works (and submits its value) but the user can not select another value.
This is one way for using Simple jQuery code
The another way of doing a readOnly attribute to a select element is by using css you can do the following: