Percentage Interview Questions and Answers
1. A mother her little daughter and her just born infant boy together stood on a weighing machine which shows 74kgs. How much does the daughter weight if the mother weights 46kg more than the combined weight of daughter and the infant and the infant weighs 60% less than the daughter ?
D. Cannot be determined
Answer : C. 10...
2. Mr.Govind was a building contractor. He was doing reasonably well in his business but was always on an expansion mode.Mr.Govind won a contract with the Corporation and his business began to boom. So he decided to deploy more people in his projects. If he were to increase his labour force by 33.33%, what will be percentage reduction in the work load of each employee ?
Answer : C. 25...
3. In paper A, one student got 18 out of 70 and in paper B he got 14 out of 30. In which paper he did fare well ?
A. Paper A
B. Paper B
Answer : B. Paper B...
4. The value of a scooter depreciates in such a way that its value at the end of each year is 3/4 of its value at the beginning of the same year. If the initial value of the scooter is Rs. 40.000. what is its value at the end of 3 years ?
Answer : B. 16875...
5. Chauncy, an English bulldog, received 1200 votes in the Mr Bulldog USA competition, giving him approximately 30 percent of the vote. Approximately what percent of the remaining votes would he have needed to receive in order to win 70 percent of the total votes ?
Answer : D. 57...
6. Fresh fruit contains 68% water and dry fruit contains 20% water. How much dry fruit can be obtained from 100 kg of fresh fruits ?
A. 43 kg
B. 40 kg
C. 42 kg
D. 41 kg
Answer : B. 40 kg...
7. In the general elections, the parties 1, 2 and 3 got votes as 45, 12 and 43% respectively. If a total of 16000 people voted, then by what number of votes did the coalition of party 2 and 3 win ?
Answer : C. 1600...
8. The percentage increase in the number of pens sold by a trader from Tuesday to Wednesday is same as the percentage decrease in the number of pens sold from Monday to Tuesday. On Wednesday the trader sold 16 pens more than those he sold on Tuesday. If the percentage decrease in sales from Monday to Tuesday is 20%, how many pens did he sell on Tuesday ?
Answer : D. 80...
9. Price of sugar is increased by 25% in order to increase the expenditure a lady must reduce her commissions by ?
A. 25 %
B. 20 %
C. 3 %
D. None of the above
Answer : B. 20%...
10. What is price of a pair of sandles is decreased by 10% the number of pair sold incresed by 20%. What is net effect on sells ?
A. 8 % decreases
B. 10 % decreases
C. 8 % increases
D. 10 % increases
Answer : C. 8 % increases...
11. Jaya Brought a worth Rs 3,50,000 four years ago. if the value of the car is depreciates over time at fixed rate of 10% per annum then what will be present worth of car ?
Answer : A. 229635...
12. A reduction of 20% price of sugar enables to purchase 5 kg of sugar more for Rs 600. Find the price of the sugar per kg before reduction ?
Answer : C. 24...
13. A product item price decreases 10% and it’s production increases 20% then what is the profit or loss percentage ?
Answer : C. 8%...
14. The population of a village is eight thousand. If 6 % men and 10 % women are added population becomes 8600, then no of men in the village was ?
Answer : B. 5000...
15. Price of salt is increased by 25% in order not to increase the expenditure a lady must reduce her comsumption by :
A. 25 %
B. 20 %
C. 30 %
D. None of these
Answer : B. 20 %...
16. The difference between 42% of the number and 28% of the same number is 210. Find that number ?