Fresh fruit contains 68% water and dry fruit contains 20% water. How much dry fruit can be obtained from 100 kg of fresh fruits ?



Fresh fruit contains 68% water and dry fruit contains 20% water. How much dry fruit can be obtained from 100 kg of fresh fruits ?

A. 43 kg

B. 40 kg

C. 42 kg

D. 41 kg

Answer : B. 40 kg

Explanation:


    The fruit content in both the fresh fruit and dry fruit is the same.
    Given, fresh fruit has 68% water. So remaining 32% is fruit content.
    weight of fresh fruits is 100kg Dry fruit has 20% water. So remaining 80% is fruit content.
    Let weight if dry fruit be y kg.
    fruit % in freshfruit = fruit % in dryfruit
    (32/100) * 100 = (80/100 ) * y
    we get y = 40 kg.


Related Searches to Fresh fruit contains 68% water and dry fruit contains 20% water. How much dry fruit can be obtained from 100 kg of fresh fruits ?