Time and Work Questions and Answers | Time and Work Problem
1. 4 men can check exam papers in 8 days working 5 hours regularly. What is the total hours when 2 men will check the double of the papers in 20 days ?
A. 8 hours
B. 9 hours
C. 7 hours
D. 11 hours
Answer : A . 8 hours
2. Thomas takes 7 days to paint a house completely whereas raj requires 9 days to paint the same house completely. how many days will take to paint the house if both them work together ?
A . 3
B . 5
C . 4
D . 8
Answer : C . 4
3. Jake can dig a well in 16 days. Paul can dig the same well in 24 days. Jake, Paul and Hari together dig the well in 8 days. Hari alone can dig the well in ?
Answer : A. 48
4. A alone can do 1/4th of the work in 2 days. B alone can do 2/3th of the work in 4 days. If all the three work together, they can complete it in 3 days so what part of the work will be completed by C in 2 days ?
Answer : A. 1/12
5. A Certain sum of money is sufficient to pay either George's wage for 15 days or Mark's wages for 10 days. For how long will it be sufficient if both George and Mark work together ?
Answer : B. 6
6. Babla alone can do a piece of work in 10 days ashu alone can do it in 15 days. The total wages for the work in Rs.5000. How much should babla be paid if they work together for entire duration of the work ?
Answer : B. 3000
7. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days can A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day ?
Answer : C. 15
8. Y can do a work in 2/3 the time it takes x, z can do same work in ¾ time it takes y. When all three are typing the same time what is the fraction of total work does y do ?
Answer : A. 4/13
9. The ratio of efficiency of A is to C is 5:3. The ratio of no.of days taken by B is to C is 2:3. A takes 6 days less than C, when A and C completes the work individually. B and C left the work after 2 days. The no of days taken by A to finish the remaining work ?
Answer : C. 6
10. George does 3/5th of a piece of work in 9 days. He then calls Paul and they finish the work in 4 days. How long would Paul take to do the work by himself ?