AMCAT Exam Questions and Answers - 15 Minutes - Free - Live Webinar
To receive Webinar materials Register here
AMCAT Question Papers with Answers
1. If 892.7 - 573.07 - 95.007 = “A”. What is the value of A ?
Answer : D. 224.623
2. Which of the following numbers is not divisible by 14 ?
Answer : C. 1998
3. A customer paid you $600 for construction work, out of which, 3/5 of the total amount was spent on the purchase of materials and 1/5 of the remaining was spent on travelling. How much is left after all the deductions?
Answer : C. $192
4. A man rows a boat at a speed of 15 mph in still water. Find the speed of the river if it takes her 4 hours 30 minutes to row a boat to a place 30 miles away and return.
A. 5 mph
B. 10 mph
C. 12 mph
D. 20 mph
Answer : A. 5 mph
5. The pulse rate of a person is 15 beats in 10 seconds. At this rate, what will be pulse rate of the person per minute?
A. Data insufficient
B. 100 beats per minute
C. 90 beats per minute
D. 150 beats per minute
Answer : C. 90 beats per minute
6. A Storekeeper sold a wrist watch for $660, including a sales tax of 10%. If the cost price of the watch is $500, What is the percentage profit for shopkeeper ?
Answer : D. 20%
7. The average of 7 numbers is 60. The average of the first three numbers is 50, while the average of the last three is 70. What must be the remaining number ?
Answer : B. 60
8. The simple interest earned on a certain amount is double the amount when invested for 10 years. What is the interest rate being offered ?
Answer : B. 20%
9. How many factors does the number 2,876 have ?
Answer : C. 6
10. What is the LCM of 147/64 and 30/44 ?
Answer : C. 735/2
11. Select the option that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the given word ? Vanity
Answer : B. Humility
12. Select the option that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the given word ? Economical
Answer : B. Wasteful
13. Select the correct option that fills the blank(s) to make the sentence meaningfully complete.
She ____ most of her time to music.
Answer : C. devoted
14. Select the correct alternative that is similar in meaning to the word in italics. Surprisingly, Alaska received scanty rainfall this year ?
Answer : C. Little
15. Read the sentence to determine if there is any grammatical error in it. Choose the letter corresponding to the part that contains the error. Ignore errors of punctuation, if any ?
A. The meeting adjourned abruptly
B. by the CEO after
C. about three hours of deliberation
D. No error
Answer : A. The meeting adjourned abruptly
16. In the question, a part of the sentence is italicized. Select the correct alternative to the italicized part that may improve the sentence construction.
Please remind me of posting these letters to my relatives
A. by posting
B. to post
C. for posting
D. no improvement
Answer : B. to post
17. Select the correct option that fills the blank(s) to make the sentence grammatically correct.
The success that he has gained, though striking enough, does not, however, commensurate ______ the efforts made by him ?
Answer : C. With
18. How to Solve Reading Comprehension ?
19. If FEATURES is written as GCDPZLLK in a code, what will be the fourth letter from the left, if ADVANTAGE is written in that code ?
Answer : C. W
20. Refer to the terms given below. There is a pattern that defines the relationship between the first two terms. Determine this relationship and then identify the missing term of the second pair, such that both the pairs are analogous.
QDXM : SFYN :: UIOZ : ?
Answer : D. WKPA
21. Identify the pattern/relationship between the numbers and find the missing number.
11, 12, 16, 25, 41, 66, ___ ?
Answer : B. 102
22. Given below is a question followed by two statements I and II. Find out if the information given in the statement(s) is sufficient to answer the question.
Is Brock taller than Smith ?
I. Rafael is of the same height as Brock and Smith.
II. Smith is shorter than Rafael.
A. Statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question.
B. Statement II alone is sufficient to answer the question.
C. Both statements put together are sufficient to answer the question.
D. Even both the statements put together are not sufficient to answer the question.
E. Either of the statements is sufficient to answer the question.
Answer : A. Statement I alone is sufficient to answer the question.
23. Refer to the symbols below and their corresponding meanings. The given signs denote the following operations/relationships:
X ? Y means X is less than or equal to Y.
X/Y means X is equal to Y.
X = Y means X is greater than Y.
X + Y means X is half of Y.
Which of the two conclusions I and II is/are definitely true based on the information provided ?
R ? A, B = A and B/C
I. R ? C
II. A + C
A. Only conclusion I is true
B. Only conclusion II is true
C. Both the conclusions are true
D. Neither conclusion I nor II is true
Answer : D. Neither conclusion I nor II is true
24. John runs 5 miles south and then 25 miles west. Next, he runs 5 miles north. How far is he from his initial position ?
A. 5 miles
B. 20 miles
C. 25 miles
D. 30 miles
Answer : C. 25 miles
25. Arrange the words given below in a meaningful sequence :
A. 3, 1, 2, 4, 5
B. 1, 5, 4, 3, 2
C. 3, 4, 5, 2, 1
D. 2, 4, 1, 3, 5
Answer : D. 2, 4, 1, 3, 5
26. Four options are given below. Three of these options are similar to each other because they follow the same pattern. Identify the option that is dissimilar to the other three ?
Answer : C. AD6
27. A 8-bit signed integer has the following range ?
A. 0 to 255
B. -128 to 127
C. -255 to 254
D. 0 to 509
Answer : B. -128 to 127
28. What will the output of the following code statements be ?
Integer x = 34.54, y = 20, z = -5 print (y > 50 AND z > 10 or x > 30) ?
Answer : B. 1
29. I have a problem to solve that takes n as an input number. The problem has a property that given the solution for (n-1), I can easily solve the problem for n. Which programming technique will I use to solve such a problem ?
C. Object Oriented Programming
Answer : D. Recursion
30. Given :
integer x = 40, y = 35, z = 20, w = 10. Comment about the output of the following two statements:
print x * y / z – w
print x * y / (z – w) ?
A. Differ by 80
C. Differ by 50
D. Differ by 160