Basic Concept of Writing a Breakup Letter
It is always difficult to convey the decision of break-up. Many people today, consider the option of writing a breakup letter or good-bye letter in such a scenario. Such letters can make it easy for an individual to deal with break-up like a complicated situation.
Writing a letter for break-up can make it easy for you to get room to express your feelings in every possible way. Personal meeting for a break-up can create an uncomfortable situation and can also make things complicated. If you want to gracefully end your relation with your partner, then writing such a letter is a considerable alternative.
The personal meeting for break-up can sometimes make you emotional and can force you to change your decision. This won’t be the scenario with a break-up letter.
Do you think writing a break-up letter is an easy task? It is definitely not, but it is considered to be better than carrying out a personal meeting. The break-up is a sensitive matter and so it is important for you to take care of the words that you planning to use in your break-up letter.
It is good to be straightforward in your writing but at the same time, you should also make use of polite tone. Don’t overdo, while giving reasons for your break-up. Write a letter in such a way that you can clear out all misunderstandings and do not invite any kind of fresh arguments.
Different Conditions When You Can Consider Writing a Breakup Letter
If you were in a long-term relationship, then you can consider meeting face-to-face, to your partner rather than writing a break-up letter. However, in some situations, you should always consider writing a breakup letter and those situations are like:
- If your partner has behaved violently with you
- If your partner was abusive
- If he or she, betrayed your trust
- If he or she, is not interested in talking to you
- If your partner always refuses to break-up in a personal meet
- If your partner is not attending your call
- If you don’t want to continue with a long-distance relationship
How to Write a Breakup Letter?
First, decide whether you want to write a letter or not
- Many people consider carrying out face-to-face interaction. So it is important for you to figure out, whether writing a break-up letter is a considerable option or not.
- In a long distance relationship, communication gap can always create a problem and in such a scenario, you can consider writing such a letter.
- If you are uncomfortable with personal meets or phone call, then breakup letter writing is the best available alternative.
- The breakup letter writing alternative is selected by many people because it allows to carry out open communication which is generally not possible with face-to-face communication.
- You won’t be even able to share a simple smile or a hug in such a letter writing option, so think before you take any decision related to announcing break-up.
- How will you deliver the letter? Selecting electronic means or social media for delivering a letter is not a considerable option.
- Either you can personally deliver the letter or ask your friends or siblings to do so. Take this factor into consideration because you want the letter to reach in a right hand.
Second, know the ways to write a letter
- If you have decided to send a break-up letter, then now think about ways of writing such a letter.
- It is essential, to be honest with your intentions.
- Leave no room for ambiguity.
- It is advisable to not be cruel with your words.
- Don’t make use of extra emotional sentences.
- It is important on your part to explain specifics, related to your break-up.
- Don’t keep your partner in the stress by not stating the right reason.
- It is advisable to mention details about your incompatible relationship rather than, blaming each other.
- Don’t ever make use of sentence like, “Your friendship with your ex is damaging our relationship”.
- In such a letter, showing kindness is important.
- In anger, don’t say things which you actually don’t mean.
- Resist your negative feelings, as it is important.
Final Tips for Writing a Breakup Letter
Understand one thing, that there is no formula available in any books or online to write a break-up letter. Every couple has own reasons, and it is better to take a decision on your own whether you want to state a reason in a letter or not. Sometimes, it can be like you are not just made for each other. Whatever reason you give, try to justify it. Here are few tips that can help you to write your break-up letter:
- It is known fact that however, beautiful break-up letter you write but the grief that follows a breakup is always sensitive and painful. Going by the logic, it can be said that no break-up letter can keep the reader away from grief or pain.
- It is also advisable to talk to your partner in personal, before writing such a letter.
- Being dumped, is most of the time painful but then giving a right reason is always suggested because it can allow you to make a clear communication.
- Even if you fall out of love, you can state this reason because break-up is anyways a sensitive matter.
- If you are in anger, then don’t be in a hurry to send such a letter. Save your letter draft and read it twice before sending. Get in touch with a trusted friend or a family member, who can give you correct opinion about your break-up letter.
- Many times, people do consider giving last good-bye gift.
Don’ts of a Breakup Letter
- Don’t discuss your happy days
- Don’t be defensive or accusative in a breakup letter
- Don’t panic
- Don’t badmouth his or her ex
- Don’t keep tab on day to day life of your partner
- Don’t try to write anything that can make ex feel jealous or take revenge
- Don’t show your high stress level
- Don’t beg in front of your partner too much
- Don’t impose any anger on others
- Don’t lose patience