html tutorial - Introduction To HTML - html5 - html code - html form
What Is Webpage?
A web page is a file document generally written in Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) which was accessed through the Internet by using web browsers.
What is the difference between a website and web page?
- A website denotes the central location which contains one or more web pages.
- Now let’s see the example consider “www.wikitechy.com” is a website, which contains thousands of different pages, including this web page which you are reading now.
What is HTML?
- HTML - Hyper Text Markup Language
- HTML is a typical markup language used for building a web pages.
- The word "Markup" means a language with particular syntax which instructs a Web browser to how the page needs to display.
- HTML uses a pre-defined set of elements called tags. A group of elements which is join together to build the web page.
- HTML tags defines elements like "paragraph", "body", and so on.
- HTML elements are used to define the structure and content of the webpage.
- HTML elements are known by the use of greater than and less than angle brackets, <> which was surrounded by the element name.
- The elements are look like
- HTML tags are considered as an element name which was enclosed by an angle brackets.
- Tags are most commonly follow with the pairs of starting and ending tags.
- Start tags denotes the beginning of an element, were as end tag denotes the end of the element.
- The content of the element displayed between the starting and ending tags.
- Attributes are properties, being used to provide additional information about an element.
- Attributes are defined within the opening tag, after an element’s name.