Xiaomi Mi Max Recently launched the Official TWRP 184.108.40.206 Recovery. Mi Max is anattractiveleading device from Xiaomi, along with MIUI 8. We can also download MIUI 8 ROM for Xiaomi Mi Max. The device is brand newlatest, but TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi Max is already available. Now we are going to discuss about How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max. First we should download TWRP 3.0.0 recovery for Xiaomi Mi Max.But before that you Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max, you need to unlock Bootloader of Xiaomi Mi Max. The process of Xiaomi Mi Max root is very easy all you need to follow the steps.
Now we can Root Xiaomi Mi Max and Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Max. Update your Xiaomi withnewest version of the TWRP recovery for more benefits. Read the following notes carefully before you Install TWRP 3.0.0 Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max.
Important Notes before going to root your device:
- Rooting will void your phone warranty, and you won’t claim it back.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may crash your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your device.
- It will erase all,so we recommended to takea backup of your device, your personal data including data of internal storage so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download SuperSu to root Xiaomi Mi Max and copy it to your phone sd card.
- You need to unlock your Phone’s Bootloader.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Mi Max.
Steps to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max
First, enable ‘USB debugging’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
Download TWRP 3.0.0 for Ascend Mate 2 from above and place it in the folder where ADB installed and rename it to ‘recovery.img’.
Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing “adb reboot bootloader”command or pressing “Power + Volume Down” button at the same time.
You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering “fastboot devices” command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
Type the “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It starts flashing recovery on your phone.
Now type “fastboot boot recovery.img” command in command prompt to reboot your phone into recovery mode. Now you successfully installed the custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max.
With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes”. It will disable the Encryption and mount your storage.
In TWRP recovery navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Xiaomi Mi Max.
Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. That’s it, you root Mi4c and install custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max successfully.
That’s all this is the complete guide for how to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max.