Samsung recently launched Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge at MWC16. Root and TWRP already available for Galaxy S7 and S7 edge .Galaxy S7 sports a 5.1-inch display. The phone powered by a influential Octa Core Snapdragon 820 or Exynos 8890 and Adreno 530 GPU with 4GB RAM and 32/64 GB internal memory. Galaxy s7 comes with a 12MP rear-facing sensor with an aperture of f/1.7 and 5 MP Front facing camera. The phone runs on Android 6.0 and has IP67 (dustproof and water resistant), 3D touch technology and Always-on display.
Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are leading devices from Samsung, but they still face some problems like Screen freezing, unresponsive Touch, camera fail or boot loop. If you are facing any of that issue, you can factory reset or Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. you can solve an issue like screen freeze, stuck in the welcome screen, boot loop issue or unbrick your phone by installing stock firmware on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. The Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge firmware are now available for many sections. Here is the step by step guide of how to install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.
- This method is only for the SM-G930F and SM-G935F models.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage of your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge:
- Download Latest Odin Tool on your PC.
- Download stock firmware for Galaxy S7.
- Download stock firmware for Galaxy S7 Edge.
Steps to Install Stock Firmware on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge:
- First, enable ‘USB debugging’ and ‘OEM Unlock’ option from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to about phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Now download the Stock Firmware from above.
- Now Download the Odin tool from above and extract the zip file.
- Run the Odin_v3.10.7.exe file on your PC.
- Connect your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge to your PC with the data cable and reboot into the Download/Odin mode.
- To enter into download mode turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together until you see the download mode screen.
- Once you enter into Download mode, you see an ID: COM port turned blue and Added message in Odin message box means your device has recognized by Odin.
- If ID: COM doesn’t show means your driver is not correctly installed or try it with different USB cable.
- Now locate and add the stock firmware file .tar or .md5 file (you downloaded from above) to the AP/PDA tab in Odin.
- Make sure that only these two options are tick “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset Time“
- Now click ‘Start‘ button and it will start flashing the file. Wait until you see ‘Pass‘ in Green Color on Odin screen. This step will install Flash Firmware on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge.