The phone already available in the market and if you bought the phone and looking for a way to Root Mi Note 2 , Here we are sharing how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Mi Note 2. First, you need to install TWRP Recovery on Mi Note 2 and then flash SuperSu to Root Mi Note 2. Recently, TWRP recovery got updated with material designed to TWRP 3.0.0. That means you can install the latest TWRP 126.96.36.199 on Mi Note 2.
If you are a Mi Note 2 user, then you can Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Note 2. Here is the step by step guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Note 2. Read the below note carefully before you Install TWRP Recovery and Root Mi Note 2.
Some benefits of Rooting :
- For faster and better performance you want to install custom ROM and custom kernel on your device.
- Block Ads in apps with the help of ad blocker.
- After you root Mi Note 2 and install TWRP on it, you can install Xposed Framework to customize your device
- Increase performance and battery life by killing background process automatically.
- For restore all your apps and data use Titanium Backup.
- First you need to Unlock the bootloader of Mi Note 2. (Check How to unlock Bootloader of Mi Note 2)
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your personal data including data of internal storage, so we advise you to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Files required to Root and Install Custom Recovery on Mi Note 2 :
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows or ADB and Fastboot for Mac and install it on your PC. This will also install your device driver.
- Download TWRP Recovery for Mi Note 2
- Download SuperSu to root Mi Note 2 and copy it to your phone sd card
How to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Mi Note 2 :
Install TWRP on Mi Note 2 :
- First enable USB debugging from setting>developer option>. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap the Build Number 7 times.
- Now go to installation directory open ADB folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
- Now connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
- You are in Fastboot mode now to check your connection by entering below command in command prompt. It will return your device serial number means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
- Type the below command correctly in command prompt and then press enter. It will install TWRP recovery on Mi Note 2
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Now type below command to boot into recovery.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- Now follow below steps without leaving TWRP.
Root Mi Note 2 :
- With above command your phone boot into the recovery mode.
- Now select your preferred Language and set it to what you want, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification.
- Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes” (If you want to mount internal storage).
- Now without leaving TWRP, transfer the SuperSu zip to your device over MTP.
- Now from the main menu navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Mi Note 2.
- Swipe to install SuperSu and reboot your device. (You can also use Magiskmanager and Phh SuperUser to root as mentioned in original source)
- So this is the complete guide of how to Install TWRP Recovery and Root Mi Note 2 with easy steps.