- In my table set the width of the first cell in a column to be 100px.
- However, when the text in one of the cell in this column is too long, the width of the column becomes more than 100px. How could you disable this expansion?
- You need to set the cell width (either th or td worked, I set both) AND set the table-layout to fixed. For some reason, the cell width seems to only stay fixed if the table width is set, too (i think that’s irrelevant but whatever). Also useful is setting the overflow property to hidden.
- You should make sure to leave all of the bordering and sizing for CSS.
- The following solution of above problem.
You just add <div> tag inside <td> or<th> define width inside<div>This will works fine.
If you need one ore more fixed-width columns while other columns should resize, try setting both min-width and max-width to the same value.
To achieve this solution is easy, you may need put the CSS values in a class in your style-sheet:
Place the class attribute to any <td> you want.
You need to write this inside the corresponding CSS.
- This article provides some of the basic informations on table column width , table width , td width , td html , width , table border html , table height , table column , table style , html table style , table style html , html table width , html table column width , alter column , bootstrap table column width , table width css , how do you change column width to fit the contents , table width in html , width in html , table size in html.