- Google recently released the official Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus 6P, Nexus 6, Nexus 5X, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, and Google Pixel C. But the Android 7.0 Nougat for Nexus 5 won’t be available officially. XDA Recognized Developer Santhosh M working on the AOSP Nougat 7.0 for Nexus 5 and provide the initial build for users. You need to be rooted and TWRP installed on your device to use this
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build for Nexus 5 and contains many bugs hence can’t be used as a daily driver. This build contains bugs and it’s improved with time but you can experience Android 7.0 Nougat on Nexus 5. The Android 7.0 Nougat update for Nexus 5 brings Nougat features to your Nexus 5. Check how to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat from below.
- Audio (works for calls & basics. Haven’t checked music)
- Other stuff which not mentioned under not working
- Many more
- This ROM is work on Nexus 5. Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial nougat alpha build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take acomplete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download AOSP Nougat 7.0 ROM for Nexus 5 :
How to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat :
- First,download and install a custom recovery. If you already had a custom recovery installed on your device then skip this step.
- Download the Android 7.0 ROM from above and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device intorecovery mode by press and hold “Volume Down+Power Button”
- Now you will enter into recovery mode. Now in TWRP, create aNandroid backup (Recommended) of your device for safer side, if anything goes wrong.
- Now do a Factory Resetby Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file& swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the GApps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
- This is the complete guide to Update Nexus 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat.