Node JS - Node js Create Connection with MySQL - Node - Node JS tutorial - webnode
- We can use Node.js in database applications. Here we use MySQL as a database with Node.js.
Install MySQL on your computer
- Once the MySQL is installed and running, you can access it by using Node.js.
Install MySQL Driver
- You have to install MySQL driver to access a MySQL database with Node.js.
- Download MySQl module from npm.
- To download and install the "mysql" module, open the Command Terminal and execute the following: npm install mysql
Learn Node js - node js Tutorial - npm install mysql - node - Node js Examples
- Create a folder named "DBexample". In that folder create a js file named "connection.js" having the following code:
Learn Node js - node js Tutorial - node-js mysql create connection - node - Node js Examples
- Now open the command terminal and use the following command: Node connection.js
Learn Node js - node js Tutorial - nodejs node connection - node - Node js Examples
- Now Node.js is connected with MySQL.