Node JS - Node js upload files - Node - Node JS tutorial - webnode
How to upload the files in Node.js ?
- Uploading means data is being sent from your computer to the Internet.
- Examples of uploading include sending email, posting photos on a social media site and using your webcam.
- Even clicking on a link on a web page sends a tiny data upload.
Learn Node js - node js Tutorial - Node.js file upload - - node - Node js Examples
The Formidable Module:
- The Formidable module can be downloaded and installed using NPM:
- After you have downloaded the Formidable module, you can include the module in any application:
Learn Node js - node js Tutorial - nodejs file upload - node - Node js Examples
Step 1: Create an Upload Form
- Create a Node.js file that writes an HTML form, with an upload field:
- This code will produce an HTML form:
Step 2: Parse the Uploaded File
- Include the Formidable module to be able to parse the uploaded file once it reaches the server.
- When the file is uploaded and parsed, it gets placed on a temporary folder on your computer.
- The file will be uploaded, and placed on a temporary folder:
Step 3: The File
- When a file is successfully uploaded to the server, it is placed on a temporary folder.
- The path to this directory can be found in the "files" object, passed as the second argument in the parse() method's callback function.
- To move the file to the folder of your choice, use the File System module, and rename the Node JS Tutorial File:
- Include the fs module, and move the file to the current folder: