- Austria capital / capital of Austria - Vienna
- Austria population / population of Austria - April 2016 estimate 8,725,931
- Austria people - Austrian
- Austria language - Austrian German
- Austria currency - Euro (€)(EUR)
AUSTRIA COUNTRY VISA
- Jobs in Austria requires more than the Austria visa and just the obvious Austria cover letter and Austria CV writing and translation - it requires thorough preparation. You will face issues that probably did not even cross your mind when you decided to go for Austrian jobs.
- Do not underestimate the big impact the Austria visa can have on the result of your adventure! For example, you will experience the different immigration rules and practices, job application procedures, the selection trends and the management culture.
- Most visits to Austria are trouble-free but you should be aware of the global risk of indiscriminate international terrorist attacks, which could be against civilian targets, including places frequented by foreigners.
TYPES OF VISA
- Short Stay visa entitles an applicant, who does not hold a residence permit, to stay in Austria for an uninterrupted period or a total of successive periods of stays that does not exceed 90 days in every six months since the date of first entry. Austria is one of the 26 European countries forming the Schengen Area which have no border controls between them. In case of transit visas, the duration is authorized in accordance with the period of stay required for the transit.
- Long Stay Visa includes the categories where the duration of stay in Austria is more than 90 days.
HOW TO APPLY
- All applications will be assessed by the Embassy of Austria at New Delhi only. Please note that Austria Visa Application Centre, New Delhi is unable to receive and process applications send by courier / post; the applications must be submitted and collected either in person or by an authorized representative or a Travel Agent.
- Please choose the right visa category for you and the requirements to make the visa application.
- Applicants need to book a prior appointment for submitting their applications, On arriving at the visa application centre, you will require to take a token at the entrance and be seated in the waiting area – you will next be called to our submission counter where your application and supporting documents will be scrutinized – your photograph and passport will be checked for validity – Finally, you will be issued a receipt for the fees and service charge paid as an acknowledgement. Please carry the originals and copies of all documents.
NOTE : Applications accepted at Other Application centers except Delhi Austria Visa Application Centre will be submitted on 2nd working day, 3rd working day for Goa and Bangalore and Applications accepted at Delhi Austria Visa Application Centre will be submitted the next working day at the Embassy of Austria. The time required to process Visa Applications is a minimum of 21 working days under normal circumstances(excluding day of submission at VFS).
Collection of passports can be done by the following:
- Applicant himself.
- #Third party collection of the documents or passports will not be permitted, except in the following cases:
- Immediate Family Member (i.e. Parents, Children, Siblings)
- One member of a group collecting for the entire group
- A person collecting on behalf of Govt. officials if authorized on the Govt. letter head or department.
- Representative of a company - Authorization letter on the letter head of the company and the official ID card.
If any of the above, comes for passport collection they need to carry the following documents:
- Photocopy of Govt. ID card
- Original ICR
- Authorization Letter from applicant
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR VISA APPLICATION:
- Firstly, download the application form, fill it completely and with sincerity. You can also fill the Schengen Visa application form electronically and then print a hard-copy.
- 2 photos must be attached; the photo should be of passport format – a recent whole-face capture with a light background.
- Your passport and copies of your previous visas – valid for at least 3 months beyond return date – are required. Your passport must have at least two blank pages.
- Travel health insurance confirmation of minimum 30,000 € coverage within Austria and the entire Schengen area. (i.e. Allianz Visa Versicherung)
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Austria and itinerary.
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Austria
- Hotel reservation for the whole duration of the intended stay in Austria.
- Proof of civil status. (marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card if applicable)
- Proof of sufficient financial means for the period of stay in Austria.
- Employment contract
- Current bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Leave permission from employer
- Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary.
- A copy of your business license
- Company bank statement of the latest 6 months
- Income Tax Return (ITR)
If a Student:
- Proof of enrollment
- No-objection certificate from school or university
- Pension statement of the latest 6 months
- Regular income generated by property proof of the latest 6 months
Note : The signed application form must be accompanied the rest of the above-mentioned mandatory documents and handed personally at the appropriate embassy/consulate or its representative in your home country.
VISA FEES AT GLANCE
For all categories of visas, this means single, double, multiple entries or transit visa will be as per below:
|CATEGORY||VISA FEE||VFS SERVICE FEE|
|Children Between 6 to 12 years||$38||$22|
|Children Between 6 to 12 years (Long Term)||$108||$22|
|Children Below 6 years||No Visa Fees||$22|
|Students /Visitors/ Work Visa- (Long Term)||$108||$22|
- The courier facility is available at Rs.300/- (inclusive of service tax) per application.This is an optional service.
- The applicable visa fee in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- All fees are only to be paid in cash.
PASSPORT AND AUSTRIA VISA
- All nationals except EU nationals holding a valid national ID card require passport valid for at least three months beyond length of stay. Some EU nationals may be required to present a valid passport in addition to a national ID card.
- Visa requirements depend upon the foreign individual's citizenship and his or her intended length of stay in Austria. As of January 1, 2006, the length of the stay in Austria is the key factor in determining the required visa. So be sure to define this in advance of applying for an entry permit.
Austria joined the Schengen Agreement
- EU nationals staying longer than 90 days will need to register with the immigration department.
- Nationals of Australia, Canada and the USA staying longer than 90 days will need to apply for a long-stay visa.
- As Austria is a member of the EU, visitors from other EU countries planning to stay in Austria for fewer than 90 days do not need to apply for a visa or entry permit and you are free to move and work wherever you want in Austria. However, for all extended stays and for individuals
- seeking employment or planning to study in Austria, an entry permit or residence permit is generally required.
- For non-EU citizens, the laws are rather strict. In Austria, residence and employment laws and requirements are regulated separately.
- If you have already submitted an application for a visa at the Austria Visa Application Centre you can track your application.
- Applications accepted at Austria Visa Application Centre will be submitted the next working day at the Embassy. The time required to process Visa Applications is a minimum of 15 calendar days under normal circumstances (excluding day of submission at VFS).
- Applications accepted at Other Application centers except Delhi Austria Visa Application Centre will be submitted on 2nd working day, 3rd working day for Goa and Bangalore and Applications accepted at Delhi Austria Visa Application Centre will be submitted the next working day at the Embassy of Austria.
- The time required to process Visa Applications is a minimum of 21 Working days under normal circumstances. Only Applicant/Family member within Blood Relation/ in case of group any one applicant travelling in the same group/ person from same company can collect the passport/documents, He/she needs to carry a Photo Id of himself/herself, applicant's passport photocopy and an authority letter from the applicant.
OTHER AUSTRIA VISA INFO
- If your Austria job search and application for the Austria visa and Austria work permit have been successful you should start preparing for the Austria job interview.
- Do not forget to take a look at Austria dress code because how you dress is the one of the most important attribute in being hired.
- Check the job interview tips do's and don'ts, and find out why people are not hired for available
- Good luck with your Austria visa!