- Greece people - Athens
- Greece capital / capital of Greece - Athens
- Greece language - Greek
- Greece population / population of Greece - 2015 estimate 10,955,000
- Greece currency - Euro (€) (EUR)
- People love to travel many places and Greece is one of the beautiful places to visit. It is also false that “no visa/permit is needed” and “no one will bother you.” This advice typically comes from Greek and other EU citizens who subscribe to decades-old myths or are ashamed to admit they don’t know the law, which applies to all non-EU citizens.
- The government discussed the ‘possibility’ of granting residence permits to non-EU citizens who purchase a home worth 250,000 euros or more.
- Jobs in Greece involve more than the Greece visa and just the obvious Greece cover letter and Greece CV writing and translation. Do not take too lightly the influence a Greece visa can have on the result of your adventure!
Read AlsoColumbia Visa.
TYPES OF GREECE VISA
Short term visa
- The holder of a Schengen visa is entitled to enter and stay, for a maximum of 90 days in any 180 days’ period, in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
- An application for a Schengen visa can be lodged at the Embassy of Greece in the following cases:
- Greece is the sole destination of the applicant.
- If the applicant intends to travel to more Schengen countries: Greece is the main destination of the applicant or, where there is no main destination, Greece is his/her first point of entry in the Schengen area.
- For calculating the period of allowed stay, you can use the short-stay calculator and read the user's guide, which contains information on the relevant rules, the use of the calculator and practical examples.
- Decision on the application-time limits
- The Embassy decides on applications once it reaches at Embassy and processing time for applications is maximum 15 days, in exceptional cases, this period may be extended up to 30 calendar days in, notably when further scrutiny of the application is needed and when additional documentation is needed in specific cases, the period may be extended up to a maximum of 60 calendar days.
- Applications of nationals of specific third countries or of specific categories of such nationals are subject to prior consultation of central authorities of other Member States. Such consultation lasts approximately seven calendar days and does not apply to applications for airport transit visas.
- Family members of an EU citizen benefit from the following facilitations as far as they accompany or join the EU citizen:
- Submission of the application directly to the Embassy without prior appointment.
- Simplification of the documentation required: application, photograph, valid passport and any official document proving his/her family relationship with the EU citizen.
- Exemption from the visa fee.
- Issuance of a multiple-entry visa, valid for a long period.
- As family member of an EU citizen is considered:
- the spouse
- the partner with whom the EU citizen has a durable relationship, which can be proved appropriately, such as in cases where a registered partnership has been contracted, a common or adopted child exists or the partners have assumed common long-term commitments of legal, social and financial nature.
- The direct descendants (children) of the EU citizen or his/her spouse or partner who are under the age of 21 or are financially dependent on the EU citizen or his/her spouse or partner.
- The direct ascendants (parents) of the EU citizen or his/her spouse or partner who are financially dependent on the EU citizen or his/her spouse or partner.
- Special procedures for citizens of countries which have concluded Visa Facilitation Agreements with The European Union: Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Fyrom, Georgia, The Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, The Russian Federation, Serbia and Ukraine
- Submission of the application directly to the Embassy without prior appointment.
- Simplification of the documentation required depending on the provisions of the relevant agreement
- Visa fee: exemption from the visa fee for specific categories of applicants, and reduction of the visa fee to 35 Euro for the rest of the applicants.
- For certain categories of applicants: issuance of a multiple-entry visa, valid for a long period.
- The EU has concluded Visa Liberalization Agreements with Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Fyrom, Montenegro and Serbia: citizens of those countries who are in possession of a valid biometric passport can enter and stay in the Schengen area for a period of maximum 90 days per semester without holding a Schengen visa.
- Holders of diplomatic passports of all the above-mentioned countries are exempted from the visa requirement.
- Kindly note if you are submitting your application in Cochin /Srilanka and Nepal Application center the processing time will be 2 more Working days in addition to normal days define by Embassy.
Long term visa
- A long-stay “D” visa allows its holder to enter and stay in Greece for more than 3 months. It can be issued for various reasons such as employment, study, academic research, participation in cultural, scientific, religious events, family reunification. Holders of a national visa have the obligation to apply for a residence permit to Greece immediately after their entry to the country.
- The applicant must submit an application for a visa for a long stay in Greece as well as the supporting documents that are requested according to the purpose of the intended stay. In order to locate which documents, correspond to your application, please refer to the lists: family reunification and employment visa.
Read AlsoArgentina Visa.
HOW TO APPLY GREECE VISA
- Short-stay and Long stay visa applications are accepted at the VFS application centre. In specific cases, applications can be submitted directly at the Embassy, notably when the applicant belongs to one of the following categories:
- holders of diplomatic and service passports
- family members of EU/EEA citizens
- citizens of countries which have concluded visa facilitation agreements with the EU: (Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, FYROM, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova, Montenegro, the Russian Federation, Serbia and Ukraine)
- Before applying, please ensure you are very clear on your ‘purpose of visit’ - do remember we are here to assist and help you through the entire visa application process but are not permitted to advise or guide you on choosing a visa category. Since our Work is primarily administrative in nature, we have no say on whether you will be granted a visa as this is entirely the prerogative of the Consulate / Embassy of Greece to decide on.
- Understand details of short and Long stay visas.
- Please select type of the visa you are applying for to obtain the information on the requirements.
- Please check the requirements carefully.
- You need to print out the visa application form, fill it and come to apply in person or through any representative to the Visa Application Centres in India. Please note that at the time of submission you need to have all the documents and visa fees specified for your nationality and type of visa you are applying for.
- Please ensure you check closure dates and read the security regulation notices before you visit the Visa Application Centre.
- Please note that in order to collect your passport at the Visa Application Centre you will need to present the original receipt given to you during the submission which will be collected from you as a proof of delivery of your passport. If any third person is coming to collect your passport on your behalf; an authorization letter from your side with your passport details, along with that person’s ID proof is require. Please make sure you have a copy of it if you require it for your records.
- It is Applicant’s responsibility to check the validity of the visa issued to ensure that it covers the period of stay requested, the number or entries required, and that it is valid for the purpose of trip immediately after collection of your passport.
- Kindly note if you are submitting your application in Cochin /Srilanka / Puducherry and Nepal Application center the processing time will be 2 more Working days in addition to normal days define by Embassy.
- Please to inform you that VFS has started Skype services to conduct Interviews for Applicants submitting their Application at satellite Centre's - Jalandhar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Pune, Hyderabad and Chennai, so that the applicant does not have to come to New Delhi.
- Please note that Applicant has to visit the respective Application Centre for the Interview which will be conducted by Embassy of Greece.
GREECE VISA REQUIREMENTS
- Applications in person only:
- A valid passport (The passport must be valid for a period of at least three (3) months).
- In order for a student to enter Greece with a student visa, he/she needs to present a letter from the University (certified by the Greek Government) to the nearest Greek Embassy/ Consulate.
- A “health certificate”. This should be an official certificate from a health institution declaring that the student does not carry any transmitted (contagious) diseases.
- An official certificate that the applicant has no criminal record.
- 4 color passport size pictures.
- Passport photocopy.
- The attached declaration form signed by the student.
- The attached parental/tutor declaration form signed by the parent.
- A completed and signed application form.
- With these documents, the University will be able to obtain Greek government certification of your acceptance letter to the University. In continuation, the letter will be mailed to you.
- With the certified student letter you can apply to the nearest Greek Consulate for a student visa stamped in your passport.
- Once you’re in Greece it is extremely important for you to declare your money at your place of entry by filling out a financial declaration form. Please keep the original copy of this form as it will be requested for the process of obtaining a student residence permit in Greece. Also, check with the Admissions Office for further information as how to go about filing for a residence permit.
- Important note: The University cannot accept legal responsibility for your residency as a student in Greece.
Additional documents required depending on the purpose of visit
- An original invitation from a firm or an authority to attend meetings, conferences or events with regards to trade, industry or work.
- Entry tickets for fairs and congresses (also contracts, payments of invoices etc.)
- Documents proving the applicant's employment status in the company (Contract, proof of social security contributions, pay slips, etc.)
Journeys undertaken for the purposes of study or other types of training
- A certificate of enrolment at an educational establishment for the purposes of attending vocational or theoretical courses in the framework of basic and graduate or postgraduate training; or an invitation from the host educational establishment.
Read AlsoCanada Visa.
GRECE VISA FEES
- For all categories of visas, i.e. single, double, multiple entries or transit visa will be as per below:
|CATEGORY||VISA FEE IN INR||VFS SERVICE FEE IN INR|
|Children Below 12 years||No Visa Fee||863|
- The courier facility is available at Rs.300/- (inclusive of service tax 12.36%) per application. This is an optional service.
- The applicable visa fee in Indian Rupees is as per the current exchange rate. It is subject to change without notice.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- All fees are only to be paid in cash.
- If you have already submitted an application for a visa at the Greece Visa Application Centre, you can track your application.
- Applications accepted at Greece Visa Application Centre will be submitted the next working day at the Embassy. The time required to process Visa Applications is a minimum of 10 working days under normal circumstances (excluding day of submission at VFS).
- Applications accepted at Greece Visa Application Centre Jalandhar, Chandigarh & Kolkata will be submitted on 2nd working day at the Embassy of Greek. The time required to process Visa Applications is a minimum of 12 working days under normal circumstances (excluding day of submission at VFS).
PASSPORT AND GREECE VISA
- All except EU nationals holding a valid national ID card require passport.
- Greece Visa
- Visa requirements depend upon the foreign individual’s citizenship and his or her intended length of stay in Greece. All nationals of EU countries do not require visas for an unlimited period and by nationals of Australia, Bulgaria, Canada, Romania and the USA for stays of up to 90 days.
- EU nationals intended to stay for work have to apply personally for a visa to the Greece embassy in your home country.
OTHER GREECE VISA INFO
- If your Greece job search and application for the Greece visa and Greece work permit have been successful, you should start preparing for the Greece job interview.
- Do not forget to take a look at Greece dress code because how you dress is the one of the most important attribute in being hired. Check the job interview tips do's and don'ts, and find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
- In addition, on the international info, job search, visa, work permit, cover letter, CV & resume, job interview and dress code pages you will find many useful tips for overseas job seekers.