- Hungary people - Hungarian
- Hungary capital / capital of Hungary - Budapest
- Hungary language - Hungarian
- Hungary population / population of Hungary - 2016 estimate 9,830,485
- Hungary currency - Forint (HUF)
HUNGARY COUNTRY VISA
- The Embassy of Hungary in New Delhi is pleased to announce the opening of their Visa Application Centres operated by VFS Global Services Private Limited in India. This site provides information on procedures applicable to applicants residing in India who wish to apply for a Short-Term Visa to travel to the Hungary.
- The visa applications can be submitted at the below mentioned Hungarian Visa Application Centres in India with a prior appointment. All applications will be assessed by the Embassy / Consulate of Hungary in India.
- With Effect From 15 March 2015, all the applicants need to lodge their visa application according to their jurisdiction.
Read AlsoBelgium Visa.
TYPES OF HUNGARY VISAS
The processing of residence visas and some of the short-term visas requires a longer period of time. It could take even 30 days (in case of incoming visas - 60 days).
- Airport transit visa marking of visa: "A" - entitles the holder to enter the international zone of the airport and to stay there until the departure of the flight to the state of destination Special requirement: visa of the country of destination or other permit thereof authorizing the stay of the foreigner (if not exempt from the visa requirement) and airplane ticket showing confirmed reservation.
- Transit visa - marking of visa: "B" - may be single or multiple, entitling its holder to transit through the country in a period not exceeding five days on each occasion Special requirement: visa of the country of destination or other permit authorizing the stay of the foreigner (if not exempt from visa requirement).
- Short term visa - marking of visa: "C" - entitling the holder for single, double or multiple entry within six months and in case of an uninterrupted stay for a stay of maximum ninety days from the date of entry or in case of an interruption for a stay totaling no more than ninety days within six months from the date of the first entry taking all the entries into account.
- Residence visa - marking of the visa "D" - entitling the holder for single or multiple entry and for a stay exceeding ninety days but not exceeding one year for a specified purpose in Hungary without any additional permit.
- Visa issued to a foreigner having diplomatic or other privileges and immunities based on international law Special requirement: diplomatic note of foreign government or international organization. In case of stay less than 90 days, the visa shall be marked as "C" with the additional marking of "Hivatalos" (Official)
- Visa issued to a member of official state delegations of foreign states. Special requirement: diplomatic note of foreign government or letter of invitation from the Hungarian state organ. In case of stay less than 90 days, the visa shall be marked as "C" with the additional marking of "Hivatalos" (Official)
- Visa issued to a foreigner invited to attend international political, scientific, economic, cultural or sports events of outstanding significance Special requirement: notification sent to the foreigner by the event's organizer containing an invitation thereto
- Visa issued to a press correspondent. Special requirement: stamped and signed letter of accreditation of the sending company (TV, radio, news agency, etc.)
- Visa issued to a foreigner for purposes of studying, teaching, scientific activity, training based on international treaty or international cooperation in the field of culture, education and science, or government level aid program, also this type of visa is issued to a member of the staff of the scientific, cultural institution operating in Hungary on the basis of international agreement.
- Special requirement: the original /not a copy/ of the statement or the letter of acceptance or admission of the receiving institution in Hungary
Read AlsoArgentina Visa.
HUNGARY VISA APPLYING PROCESS
- Applications for short stay visa are accepted at the Hungarian Visa Application Centre.
- Before applying, please ensure you are clear on your purpose of visit. Do remember we are here to assist and help you to the entire visa application process but we are not permitted to advise or guide you on choosing a visa category. Since our work is primarily administrative in nature, we have no say on whether you will be granted a visa and how long it will take to process, as this is entirely the prerogative of the Embassy / Consulate of Hungary in India. You may refer to the link All about visas to understand details of various visa categories.
- Complete you visa application form and affix your photograph (not older than 6 months). You can download the Visa Application Form from our website. Minors shall submit an application form signed by both parents exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship. Present a declaration of permission by both parents exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship in the case the minor is traveling alone or the parent exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship in the case the minor is traveling with the other parent only. The declaration has to be original and certified by public notary.
- Original passport which validity shall extend at least three months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen States or, in the case of several visits, after the last intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen States. Please check out before applying whether your passport contains at least two blank pages and it has been issued within the previous 10 years.
- Please ensure that you furnish the required document, you may download document checklist from our website.
- Passport collection policy applicable at all VFS Hungary Visa Application Centres in India.
TRACK YOUR APPLICATION ONLINE
- Your visa application is assessed by the Consular Section of the Embassy / Consulate of Hungary in New Delhi for up to 15 calendar days starting on the day the application is admitted by the Embassy / Consulate and not the one when it was submitted at VFS Global’s Hungarian Visa Application Centres in India. The Consular Section will notify you on the decision through the Hungarian Visa Application Centres in India once the visa procedure is concluded. Please be advised that during the time of the assessment the Consular Section of the Embassy / Consulate of Hungary in India will not answer any form of enquiry regarding the state or outcome of the visa procedure.
- However, if you have already submitted an application at the Hungarian Visa Application Centres in India you can track your application here by entering your Reference Number and your Date of Birth.
Kindly be advised that visa application will not be accepted at the Hungarian Visa Application Centres for processing, if:
- Visa application is lodged three months before the start of the intended visit
- Passport expires less than three months after the intended date of departure from Hungary
- Passport contains less than two blank pages
- Passport has been issued more than 10 years
- Handwritten or not machine readable Indian passports issued after 01 April 2010
- Passports that contain manual entry (observation) changing any data of the biographical data page.
- Photographs are not as per specification
HUNGARY VISA REQUIREMNETS
- Certificate of the travel agency of the prepaid program duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the agency (*) or in the case of an individual visit itinerary the reservation of accommodation provided that you paid a deposit or have to pay a cancellation fee.
- Employment certificate referring to the permission granted for leave duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the business entity (*).
- Educational institution enrollment certificate referring to the permission granted for leave duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the institution if the travel is taking place during the academic year (*).
- Salary slip of the last three months from the employer or in case of student his/her sponsor’s duly stamped and signed by an authorized person (*).
- Income tax return acknowledgment or in case of student his/her sponsor’s for the last two assessment years.
- Pension slip of the last three months duly signed and stamped by an authorized person (*).
- Bank account statement of the applicant or in case of student his/her sponsor’s for the last three month duly signed and stamped by an authorized person of the bank (*).
- Certificate of registration in case of self-employed duly signed and stamped by an authorized person (*).
- Airplane ticket booking.
- Travel medical insurance.
Please make note that all documents marked with (*) have to be enclosed in original.
Read AlsoCanada Visa.
HUNGARY VISA FEES
- Visa fee for cultural and sport activities is Rs. 4440 (EUR 60). Children from the age of six years and below the age of 12 years shall pay a visa fee of Rs. 2590 (EUR 35). No visa fee is applied for
- children under six years of age;
- representatives of non-profit organizations aged 25 years or less participating in seminars, conferences, sports, cultural or educational events organized by non-profit organizations and holders of diplomatic and service passports.
- VFS Global service charge per applicant is Rs.1503/- (Inclusive of service tax 14.50% and education process) which needs to be paid in cash.
- Please note fee are not refundable.
PASSPORT AND HUNGARY VISA
- All nationals except EU nationals holding a valid national ID card require passport valid for at least three months beyond length of stay. Some EU nationals may be required to present a valid passport in addition to a national ID card.
- Visa requirements depend upon the foreign individual’s citizenship and his or her intended length of stay in Hungary.
- The Schengen Agreement regulates Hungary visa application process. Schengen visas, regardless of which member country issues them, are valid in all member countries for a short-term stay, not exceeding 90 days. You can see categories of visas on the map.
- EU member states
- Special visa-free provisions (Schengen Agreement, OCT or other)
- Visa-free access to the Schengen states for 90 days in any half year
- Visa required to enter the Schengen states
- Visa status unknown
OTHER HUNGARY VISA INFO
- If your Hungary job search and application for the Hungary visa and Hungary work permit have been successful, you should start preparing for the Hungary job interview.
- Do not forget to take a look at Hungary dress code because how you dress is the one of the most important attribute in being hired.
- Check the job interview tips do's and don'ts, and find out why people are not hired for available jobs.
- In addition, on the international info, job search, visa, work permit, cover letter, CV & resume, job interview and dress code pages you will find many useful tips for overseas job seekers.