[Solved-5 Solutions] The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid
- We want to upload our own asp.net website on the IIS through
IIS manager.But when we do this we get the following error
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid
- The reason it cannot read the config file is because the process running the web app does not have permission to access the file/directory. So we need to give the process running the web app those permissions.
- The access rights should be fairly straightforward, i.e. at least Read, and, depending on our app, maybe Write.
- The asp.net account not appear in the IIS manager because we need to check its check Box in IIS to do this in windows 7 follow the steps
- Open control panel
- Click on” program” link (not uninstall programs)
- Click” turn windows features on/off” link
- locate” Internet Information services IIS” in the pop up window and expand its node
- Expand the” World Wide Web Service” node
- Expand “Application Development Features” node
- check the check box of”ASP.NET”
- Then click ok button
- Installing IIS URL Rewrite module might solve the problem.
- IIS Manager
- Right click on that Website
- Edit Permissions
- Add user 'IIS_IUSRS' from Secutiry tab
- Give full permissions to User 'IIS_IUSRS'
- Set the Application Pool's Identity to 'ApplicationPoolIdentity'
- We will also get this error if the path to the config file is wrong. Double-check it to make sure the physical path is entered correctly in IIS.