SharePoint web parts are crucial parts of Microsoft’s SharePoint platform that allow users to create different capabilities. They are the building blocks of a web platform at the back end of an ecommerce platform. Hence, they are mostly used by team members.
A business that uses SharePoint tools is able to make intranet websites or collaboration platforms and apps and perform important functions in a business environment. But if you are new to SharePoint web parts, you will need more information than this to make the right decisions.
General Functions of SharePoint Web Parts
Any ecommerce business, whether B2B or B2C, can adopt the use of SharePoint web parts for many functions. Some are customized by the ecommerce platform, while others are directly sourced from the internet through the Microsoft platform. Regardless, they can achieve the following very useful benefits.
- Project and task management – Getting hands-on in your business is very essential. You need tools to help you, and various SharePoint site pages web part options can help you. Great examples include the Gantt Chart View, Kanban Board Web Part, and Resource Manager Web Part among others.
- Alerts – Keeping the teams in the loop on important matters is vital. Alert web parts keep teams notified of new emails, the addition of new products, or any other important thing in the market.
- Booking and scheduling – Whether it is a calendar web part or any other, you can easily book events and plan tasks for the team. A booking and scheduling web parts SharePoint also enables the importation and exportation of events from other calendars into one place.
- Bulk actions – It is easy to download and upload bulk files from the SharePoint library or other databases. This is thanks to bulk SharePoint web parts such as Bulk File Unzip for SharePoint, Bulk File Download, Bulk File Delete, Bulk File Copy and Move, and Bulk Check-in and Approve to mention a few.
How to Customize SharePoint Web Parts
Custom web parts are created by the user to look the way they prefer. The most basic customization is the company name and description. This is meant to create a strong brand name and make work easier for the entire team. Here are some of the popular customizations you can make.
- Access control – This is all about logins and authorizations. However, most users are already authorized to use most of the web parts if they have an account with SharePoint. Most of the SharePoint web parts examples fall in this category.
- Integration – We have already mentioned the combining of calendars, which is part of the integrations. However, there are many other integrations you can make with SharePoint web parts for a smooth workflow. Others include connectivity with libraries and other databases.
As you can see, SharePoint web parts are indispensable. This is just a basic guide, but you can explore them in greater detail by reading more on the web. A professional and reputable ASP.NET ecommerce platform provides customized SharePoint web parts for its users. Most probably, you will not need any other integration outside what is offered by the platform. So, check, read, and understand before making decisions.