ASP.Net is a robust web framework that is used to develop dynamic enterprise-grade websites and web apps. Like different major web frameworks, ASP.Net supports a huge range of backend and frontend frameworks. If you want to develop a robust system for your business, hiring a .Net development company can be beneficial for you
Here, in this article, we will discuss the best backend and frontend frameworks of ASP.Net that help you pick the best one for the project. From the flexible and lightweight MVC framework to robots and feature-rich web forms, these ASP.Net frameworks will help you equip yourself with the tools that can develop robust web apps.
So, let’s dive in and learn more about popular JS frameworks for ASP.Net MVC developers.
What is ASP.Net?
ASP.Net framework is a full-featured web development framework that is created by Microsoft. This framework is used to develop dynamic web apps, websites, and web services. ASP.Net is the subset of the .NET framework and it provides a complex model for developing enterprise-level apps on Windows. The majority of .NET software development services include ASP.Net development too.
ASP.Net and ASP.Net core are entirely different. ASP.Net depends on CLR- Common Language Runtime & helps the developers to write apps in other .Net languages like VB.Net, C#, and F#.
Moreover, it helps the developers to develop dynamic web pages that can easily interact with DBs, process several requests, and make dynamic output. This framework also has a server-side scripting environment used for developing powerful web apps.
JS frameworks are becoming an essential part of web application development in the current technical era.
This statement can be accurate when it is compared to Single Page Apps and other apps that are based on MVC structure.
JS helps in maximizing the development process speed. Below, we will discuss some other reasons to use JS for other ASP.Net, and other technologies:
- JS framework usually has a lot of features such as data-binding, templates, routing, etc. These features expedite the whole development process & hence decrease the time to market.
- They operate on the browser or client side and also provide amazing functions like immediate data validation, etc. For these functions, server trips are not needed.
- A traditional web app picks up to have a rich and simplistic UI. JS helps developers to develop such user interfaces with the help of CSS. While CSS provides amazing UI functionalities, JS provides an efficient means of updating those functions.
Top JS Frameworks for ASP.Net Development
Here’s the list of JS frameworks that a .NET development company uses for easy ASP.Net MVC development. These frameworks are primarily a set of functions that provides the framework to be re-used or used & in some situations, refactored. A framework is developed by keeping a particular design in mind.
Here are certain examples of JS frameworks & libraries that are developed for specific objectives:
- AngularJS and Angular- It is a framework that is used for developing complex UI apps. AngularJS is based on JS, and Angular is based on TypeScript.
- BackboneJS- It gives the structure to different web apps. Specifically, these functions are built with a team that has less known use cases.
- Polymer.js- This framework is based on different web components. Users use polyfills until these components are used across different languages.
- Ember.js- This framework is developer-centric and is a convention-driven framework. It embraces the MVC and MVVM structure & targets developers who have MVC programming backgrounds in different OOP languages.
- D3.js- This framework focuses on the visual aspects of data and it is used when developers want to render graphs and charts in web apps.
- You can also have a whole stack developed on JS now and also refer to using the MEAN stack that stands for MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, and Node.JS which is based on JS.
Other frameworks for front-end and backend development
Jasmine is a well-known testing framework of JS. It is made to provide a flexible, simple, yet extensible environment for testing the JS code. It is used in ASP.net to test the JS code such as AJAX requests or client-side validation. It’s also used to test the server-side code like ASP.Net controllers.
SaSS is a popular pre-processing scripting language that is used for extending CSS with features like nesting, mixins, and variables. It is also used to write easily maintainable, extendable, and modular CSS code.
In the framework of ASP.Net, SaSS is used for configuring the build system of the project to compile SaSS files in one CSS file. It is done using Grunt, Gulp, and Webpack like third-party frameworks.
You can install SaSS using a specific command line or different means using a particular method.
This framework is a JS test runner that is used to execute tests in Node.js or browsers. It is most importantly used with Jasmine & Mocha to execute automated tests on web apps.
While in ASP.Net, Karma is used to run tests on both server-side and client-side code. For instance, it is used to test functions of the UI like form submission, button click, etc. Moreover, this framework is used for testing backend code like database calls or API calls.
In the end, JS frameworks are an indispensable part of the modern world and are becoming an essential part of ASP.Net MVC development. They help in making responsive and dynamic web apps.
If you choose React, Angular, or even Vue.js, each framework has its specific benefits and can enhance your development workflow immensely.
By using these JS libraries and frameworks in the ASP.Net projects, you can easily maintain your coding, enhance the user experience, and stay competitive in this ever-evolving web development world.
Using JS frameworks will empower the users to harness the full features of client-side scripting, helping you to develop strong and interactive apps that meet the demands of current web users. So, as you start with the journey of mastering these frameworks, make sure that the combination of ASP.Net and JS wins the formula for delivering extraordinary web apps.