How to fix Low Drive Space Warning in Windows os
What is a low disk space Warning :
- Well the balloon notification is meant to warn you that you are running out of disk space. But at times you may get it for no apparent reason.
- If you feel you are truly running out of disk space, you might want to clean up some disk space.
- Windows Vista checks for available disk space every minute, but Windows 7 and later, by default checks for available disk space every 10 minutes, and the pop up remains for 10 seconds. This is by design, keeping in mind certain performance issues.
- So it is quite possible that your Windows 8 | 7 may never warn you about this, while you actually consuming disk space, maybe when you are in the process of pasting large amounts of data. It may happen that it warns you when it is too late, ie after 10 minutes!
These are the threshold levels when you may see the pop-ups :
- Free space less than 200 MB : You are running out of disk space on drive.
- Free space less than 80 MB : You are running very low on disk space on disk.
- Free space less than 50 MB : You are running very low on disk space on disk.
- No free space remaining : You have run out of disk space on drive.
- If you want, you can disable this Low Disk Check through the Windows Registry. Do do so open regedit and navigate to the following key:
Why you need to fix "Low Disk Space" warning :
- Windows created the low disk space warning to alert computer users when their hard drive is running low on available disk space. Then you will see on a fairly regular basis as your hard drive fills up is the Low Disk Space warning: "You are running out of disk space on Local Disk [drive]. To free space on this drive by deleting old or unnecessary files, click here."
- Sometimes, you may just need to ignore or disable your Windows low disk space. But it is not the best choice especially when the problem happened on C: drive. Because it needs a minimum amount of available disk space on the system drive to guarantee a better performance of your computer. So, here we would like to introduce you how to fix low disk space problem in simple clicks by extending disk partition with EaseUS partition software.
To fix Low Drive Space Warning on Windows OS, do the following steps :
Note: Create a Restore Point before performing these steps.
1. Go to Start Menu -> Computer
2. Right Click on C Drive and select Properties.
3. Click the General Tab and then select Disk Cleanup Option.
4. After the setup is loaded, select Clean up system files Option.
5. After the setup is loaded, select More Options Tab.
6. Under System Restore and Shadow Copies, select Clean up option.
7. Select the Delete option in the dialog box.
8. As the previously created backups are removed, the drive space is increased.