What is Blacklist ?
- A blacklist sometimes called blackhole list,which is a list of usernames or IP addresses, that are denied access to a certain system or protocol.
- The goal of a blackhole list is to provide a list of IP addresses that a network can use to filter out undesireable traffic.
Examples of Blacklist Applications
- Web servers uses blacklist that denies access from specific IP addresses or ranges of IPs, for security purposes.
- Firewalls may use a blacklist to deny access to individual users, systems located in certain regions, or computers with IPs within a certain subnet mask.
- Spam filters uses blacklists that reject certain e-mail addresses and specific message content.
- Programmers implemented the blacklists within a program to prevent certain objects from being modified.