How To Remove a Shortcut Virus Using Command Prompt – Today we are going to discuss about how to remove shortcut viruses from pen drives, memory cards, external hard disks. This is the best technique to remove viruses from the external drives. Normally we connect the external drives, sometimes a shortcut can be made. Just follow these steps to Remove Shortcut Viruses using command prompt.
These are the Best tricks to remove a shortcut virus using command prompt.
This problem may cause not only in pen drives, also in memory sticks, phone memories, external hard disks etc. If we trying to open those folders Windows will show an error that “Shortcut missing…!” We afraid of losing our data and somebody format the drive. But no need to afraid for this and format. Yes, this is a type of virus affection. Just follow the simple steps to remove that shortcuts and retrieve your folders back.
How to Remove a Shortcut Virus Using Command Prompt
- You will have to Go to start menu and type “cmd” in the search box or Start then choose ” all programs ” then ” accessories ” and select ” command prompt “.
- Open the infected drive such as write, g: to go to G drive.
- Now type dir/w/a . It will show all the files of the drive including hidden files. Identify malicious files and delete them using above commands.
- Locate AUTORUN.INF or any Virus and other suspicious files in the directory. There was no virus in my drive so only autorun.inf is been highlighted.
- Type command attrib -r –a –s –h to remove attributes of corresponding file.
- Type del autorun.inf to delete autorun.inf file.
- Now type del virus name.exe delete it, eg : del xyz.exe .
Now you can access the defected drive without affecting the virus.
How to Remove a Shortcut Virus Using Command Prompt: By using these notepad tricks you can easily remove viruses from the external drives and have a great experience with the method. If you are still have trouble and you are not able to remove shortcut viruses from your computer, Hard Disk, Pen Drive and memory.