Automation Anywhere Tutorial
What is Automation ?
- Automation is used to complete the tasks with minimal or no human intervention.
- This system is employed to form devices, systems, or processes to work automatically.
- The Aim of automation is efficiency of business processes and reduce/replace the human workforce.
- The word automation and its usage first came into existence after the 1920s.
- It got popularity within the youth of the 1990s. The term 'automation' is used to add support for completing differing types of repetitive and rule-based tasks like data entry, invoice processing, etc.
- To perform these kinds of tasks, we've to make use of Robotic Process Automation(RPA).
- Automation anywhere is the popular RPA tools that are perform such kinds of tasks with ease.
- Macro Recorders
- Application-level Macro Recorders
- Artificial Intelligence
- Business Process Automation (BPA)
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Automation Anywhere is the popular RPA tools that gives powerful to automate complex business tasks.
- It automate such processes that are repetitive, rule-based, and manually performed by humans.
- It offers end to finish automation strategy for organizations.
- Automation Anywhere may be a web-based management system.
- It's an impact Room that helps in managing automated tasks.
- It's mainly used for enterprise level and changes the way of the enterprises operate.
- The Aim of Automation Anywhere is scalable, secure, and resilient services to its users.
History of Automation Anywhere
- Automation Anywhere is an RPA tool designed by Automation Anywhere, Inc.
- The corporate was founded in 2003 under the name Tethys Solutions, LLC.
- Back in 2010, the name was changed to Automation Anywhere, the company's flagship product name.
Why use Automation Anywhere
- The selection of the RPA tool depends on the enterprise. There are several things that force enterprises to choose Automation Anywhere. According to the official site, more than 700 global enterprises have deployed RPA solutions by Automation Anywhere. It's provided the industry-leading RPA platform that allows enterprises to empower their employees.
Why enterprises should use Automation Anywhere are listed below:
Why use Automation Anywhere
- There is no requirement for coding skills or any programming knowledge. According to the enterprise's requirements, anyone can easily use recorders to record the manual actions and edit them using the task editor.
- Automation Anywhere provides error-free automation. It avoids human errors by automating the tasks properly.
- Automation Anywhere delivers the fastest deployment of RPA solutions. It is often found out and running within a couple of weeks.
- It saves time with the fast automation processes.
- Automation Anywhere is designed to supply a visionary roadmap and adds innovations for enterprises with automation techniques.
Security and Compliance
- Automation Anywhere includes enterprise-level security with governance and compliance controls.
- Automation Anywhere has deployed RPA solutions for several enterprises. Its many experienced RPA professionals who can automate the business processes to achieve good ROI.
- Enterprises can easily and quickly scale up automation within the future using Automation Anywhere. It is often used to scale from Desktop to Data Centre.
Automation Anywhere Architecture
- Automation Anywhere is a distributed architecture.
- It has a centralized management system by using its Control Room.
- The architecture is separated into two components. They are Bot Creators and Bot Runners. Both components are attached to the Control Room.
The below diagram displays the structural view of Automation Anywhere Architecture:
Automation Anywhere Architecture
Components of Automation Anywhere architecture are:
- Bot Creators are used for creating bots.
- The code of the bots is stored in the Control Room.
- They provide developers a desktop-based application and tools that validate against a lively Control Room and help within the creation of bots.
- Multiple developers can upload, download, or create individual bots/tasks and execute all of them at the same time.
- The Control Room is the important component of the Automation Anywhere architecture.
- It’s a web-based server that deals with the bots created by Bot Creators.
- It acts as a controller that controls the whole execution and management of clients, scripts, roles, credentials, security, etc.
- All of the automated tasks/scripts are uploaded within the Control Room.
- Control Room will manage and schedules the execution of the task within the host server or machine.
Control Room Features
- It is used to manage the user access to different systems, applications, or networks.
- It helps within the management of the codes for the bots. It is used for sharing code easier across different systems.
- It is used to purchase licenses for Automation Anywhere. Automation Anywhere has two types of licenses, such as:
- Dev License: This allowed to access make, edit, and run a bot.
- Run License: This allowed to access only for running a bot. We cannot create or alter a bot.
- Control Room provides options for the deployment of automation bots.
- A dashboard provides full insights of Automation Anywhere bots.
- It also displays the amount of running bots, failed bots and passed bots, etc.
- The Bot Runner is a set of machine-level code that's used to execute the bots.
- To run the bots, Run License is required. Bot Runners are run-time clients that are usually installed on windows based systems.
- The Bot Runner can return to the execution status of the Control Room.
Important products of Automation Anywhere
Important Products of Automation
- Bot Insight may be a tool that permits users to research the performance of bots.
- It displays graphs and statistics to measure each bot's performance.
- It enables users to calculate the time that a user has saved with the automation. It's said to be the primary analytics solution used for bots.
- Bot Insights uses real-time business insights with digital workforce performance.
- Bot Farm may be a tool used for the expansion of the number of RPA bots. It's the Enterprise edition of Automation Anywhere.
- Bot Farm also scales the capacity of the digital workforce with a single-click deployment anytime from anywhere.
- It allows users to develop, deploy, and manage lot of bots, ensuring the elasticity and scalability.
- Bot Store is the digital marketplace that contains several pre-built bots for various business automation tasks. It allows enterprises to deploy different bots like application bots, process bots, and cognitive bots during a short period.
What Processes we will automate with Automation Anywhere ?
- Almost all the repetitive and rule-based digital processes are often controlled by Automation Anywhere. It uses GUI to regulate the processes a bit like a person's. It also automates complex processes efficiently.
Some of the important processes that automated using Automation Anywhere are:
- Data extraction and submission
- Data comparison and validation
- All windows and web-based user actions
- Navigation through web, windows, cloud, legacy systems
- Rule-based decisions
Types of bots in Automation Anywhere
- There are three types of bots are in Automation Anywhere:
- Task bot
- Meta bot
- IQ bot
Types of Bots
- Task bots are automate rule-based, repetitive tasks.
- Task bots are usually advantageous in document administration, claims management, HR department, IT, etc.
- They strengthen productivity, error reduction, and cost-saving.
- Meta bots are known as automation building blocks that are scalable with next-generation integration.
- These are designed for complex, scalable processes.
- If there's a requirement of any change within the process, we've to perform some edits to the bot.
- The changes are applied automatically to the processes linked with that specific bot.
- IQ Bot is a complicated tool that has the potential of thinking like a human.
- IQ bots also are referred to as Cognitive bots.
- These bots are developed for learning on their own and perform the tasks according to it.
- IQ bots use advanced cognitive technology and advanced artificial technologies that enable users to experience the facility of automation.
- These bots include features like self-learning, decision making, and subject matter expertise, etc.
- These bots will extract data from semi-structured and unstructured data.
Automation Anywhere Features
Automation anywhere has unique features that make it notable of RPA tools. Here, some of the important functionalities available during this RPA tool:
- It allows the user to get tasks with the assistance of a task editor.
- The task editor will provide a toolbox, and users can easily drag and drop the items from the toolbox to get a task.
- Task editor also allows users to edit, modify, break down, or improve the recorded tasks.
- The task editor has more than 380 actions.
- Important actions are Windows Actions, Database Actions, Files/Folder Actions, Conditional Actions, Keyboard & Mouse Actions, Internet Actions, Loop Actions, and Clipboard Actions.
How to Install Automation Anywhere ?
- Installation of Automation Anywhere includes IQ Bots, Automation Anywhere extension and Automation Anywhere Bot Agent.
- Automation Anywhere has different versions such as cloud Started Pack, Advanced Pack and Community EditionWithout pay there is a full-featured version available for 30 days.
- Once we fill-up the form on the official website, we are eligible for trail Automation Anywhere.We need to download and install "Automation Anywhere Bot Agent", "Automation Anywhere Browser Extension", and connect our machine with the control room to implement the software bots
Steps for install or configure product of Automation Anywhere:
- Click on below link to navigate the official web site.
- After clicking the above link the Automation Anywhere Window will be display. Click on the “Start Free Trial" button from the Automation Anywhere window.
- There are different versions of Automation Anywhere available. Again ,we need to click on the “Start Free Trail “button.
- After clicking the start Free Trail button, we will see the form page with several detail about our site.
- After fill all the details, check the terms and conditions and click on start your free trail button to submit the form.
- Once we submit the form “YOUR REQUEST HAS BEEN SUBMITTED” page will be display, shown below.
- Once our request has been submit we will receive the confirmation on the mail. There will be user name and password is given for login.
- Next, open the link and sign-in with the username and password given in the email. After login we get a screen asking new password rather than using a default password.
- After we need to set up security questions required to recover our account.
- After the Security questions are filled, we want to click “save and log in” button. After clicking the button navigates to next page shown below.
- We want check the license and click on “Accept and Log in” button.
- Complete all these steps we will get to the dashboard of Automation Anywhere. In other words control room of Automation Anywhere.
- At last, we need to connect our local machine by following on-screen instructions and installing some packages to implement IQ Bots into our machine.
That is how we can configure/install Automation Anywhere
Creating a Bot
We are going create a simple bot using Automation Anywhere. Creating a bot that automatically navigate a web page by executing the bot.
- We need to click on a button “create a bot”:
- We will get the option to Write Name and Description, where description is optional.
- After enter the name and description then click on “create and edit” button on the right side of the page.
- We want to choose the "Launch Website" action.
- After this we will get the new screen where we will give an address of the webpage in URL format and select the browser from the combo box to open the specific webpage address.
- After complete all these steps, we want to click on the “save “button to save this URL and this URL will display in the centre of the web page.
- After complete all these steps click run button from the top menu bar. After clicked “Automation Anywhere EXE" will be download and then install the EXE file.
- While Running the Automation Anywhere software the bot will be in running state
- Once the bot is run successfully, the specified action is processed automatically and we will get the alert dialogue box “your bot has run successfully!”
Industries using Automation Anywhere
Automation Anywhere Industries
Some of the popular industries that use this tool are as follows:
|Industries Using Automation Anywhere||Applications of Automation Anywhere|
|Government||Verification process, automating daily reports, integrate legacy systems with updated systems, populating subcontractor forms, etc.|
|Healthcare||Reporting for doctors, patient data migration and processing, medical bill generation, insurance data automation and claim processing, automation of claim status and eligibility criteria, patient record storage, etc.|
|Operations/Technology||Creating accounts, software set-up, system integrations, application integrations, batch processing, hardware and software testing for functional, load, and mobile performance, etc.|
|Telecommunications||Data collection and consolidation from client phone systems, backing up data from client systems, automatic data uploads, gathering data about competitor pricing, and phone manufacturing information, etc.|
|Financial/Banking/Accounting||Invoice processing, data entry, data validations, data migration between banking application, reporting, auditing, customer account management, form-filling, claim processing, etc.|
|HR||Automating tasks in PeopleSoft. Email notifications and populating, etc.|
|Sales||Invoice creating and printing, adding or removing customer data in CRM, etc.|
|Marketing||Creating lead generation reports, monitoring social sentiment, etc.|
|Manufacturing||Inventory management, ERP automation, data monitoring, automating logistics data, product price comparisons, etc.|
|Hospitality||Price analysis and comparison of competitors, guest data processing, verification of data, payment processing, account generation, etc.|
|Retail||Extracting product details from manufacturer's websites, automatically updating online inventory and item information, importing site and email sales, etc.|
|Consumer goods||Data entry, order processing, order status updates, claims processing, resolution consulting, FTP automation, incentive claims updates, etc.|
Future Scope of Automation Anywhere
- The market for RPA is growing rapidly. More than 3 million positions have been opened so far for manufacturing automation and robotics. According to the report by McKinsey & Company, it is predicted that RPA will have a significant economic impact of nearly $5.2 to $6.7 trillion by 2025. Because this is code-free, anyone can learn automation anywhere without the requirements of any coding or programming skills.
- Operating experts, marketing specialists, and digital marketing personalities with a primary knowledge of programming can easily adopt this tool. All engineers who want to pursue a career in robotic process automation can go with automation anywhere.
- There are several roles in Automation Anywhere, such as:
- Developer (70 % Job Openings),
- Manager (20% % Job Openings),
- Architect (10% % Job Openings)
As you can see, the most crucial role is that of the developer; therefore, there are more opportunities as an RPA developer. You can be a better RPA developer with little or no programming knowledge.