What is the internal architecture of the Cassandra database ? - apache cassandra tutorial
Internal Architecture For Cassandra database:
- Cassandra is build to manage big data workloads among multiple nodes with no single point of failure.
- Its architecture is depend on the understanding of system and hardware failures can and do exist.
- Cassandra is a row-oriented database.
- Cassandra is build to manage big data.
- Cassandra’s main characteristic is to store data on multiple nodes with no single point of failure.
- The reason for this kind of Cassandra’s architecture was that the hardware failure can happened at any time. Any node can be down.
- Cassandra is build in distributed architecture.In case of failure data stored in another node can be used.
- Cassandra saves data in various nodes with a peer to peer distributed fashion framework.
- All the nodes exchange information with each other using Gossip protocol.
- Gossip is a protocol in Cassandra by which nodes can transfer with each other.
Components of Cassandra:
Learn Cassandra - Cassandra tutorial - Components Of Cassandra - Cassandra examples - Cassandra programs
- Node is the place for storing then data.
- It is the initial element of Cassandra.
- A group of nodes are called data center.
- Many nodes are classify as a data center.
- The cluster is the group of many data centers.
- Every write operation is written to Commit Log. Commit log is used for crash recovery.
- After data written in Commit log, data is written in Mem-table. Data is written in Mem-table temporarily.
- When Mem-table achieves a certain threshold, data is delete to an SSTable disk file.
- NetworkTopologyStrategy is used when you have more than two data centres.
- In NetworkTopologyStrategy, replicas are set for each data center individually.
- NetworkTopologyStrategy places replicas in the clockwise direction in the ring until reaches the first node in another rack.
Learn Cassandra - Cassandra tutorial - internal architecture of the cassandra database - Cassandra examples - Cassandra programs