PouchDB Tutorial | What is PouchDB
What is PouchDB ?
How does PouchDB work even Offline ?
- PouchDB works offline as same as online.
- Whereas offline, PouchDB stores information locally using WebSQL and IndexedDB within the browser.
- When the application is back online, it is synchronized with CouchDB and compatible servers.
- Using PouchDB, you'll be able communicate with both local and remote databases consistently without taking note any difference.
- Following is the most important features of PouchDB:
- PouchDB is Cross-Browser
- PouchDB is Lightweight
- PouchDB is easy to learn
- PouchDB is Opensource
- PouchDB is extremelly quick since it resides inside the browser and there's no got to perform queries over the network.
- PouchDB facilitates you to synchronize the information with any of the backed server that's why your app can run both online and offline.