couchdb - couchdb installation - couchdb tutorial - futon couch - nosql
Installation and Setup in Couchdb
- On recent Ubuntu versions, you can install an up-to-date version of CouchDB with sudo apt-get install couchdb. For older versions, such as Ubuntu 14.04, you should run:
- To install couchdb in fedora ryou can do sudo dnf install couchdb
Mac OS X
- To install CouchDB on Mac OS X, you can install the Mac app from the CouchDB downloads section.
- To install CouchDB on Windows, you can simply download the executable from CouchDB downloads section.
- By default, CouchDB listens on port 5984. Visiting http://127.0.0.1:5984 will yield a response that looks like this:
- CouchDB comes out-of-the-box with a GUI called Futon. You can find this interface at http://127.0.0.1:5984/_utils. Here, you can easily set up an administrator account and configure other important settings.