mail to in html
- Mailto is a HTML link that activate the default email application of the device to send mail to the link address.
- The browser sent a request to the default email application for sending an email.
Syntax for mail to in html
|mailto:email@example.com||Recipient email address|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||carbon copy email address|
|email@example.com||blind carbon copy email address|
|subject= text||subject of email|
|body= text||body of email|
|?||first parameter delimiter|
|&||additional parameters delimiter|
Sample coding for mailto in HTML
Code Explanation for mailto in HTML
- The mailto is used to create a link for send email option to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The subject is used to set the subject text of the email.
- The cc is used to set carbon copy email address as email@example.com.
- The bcc is used to set blind carbon copy email address as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The body is used to set the body text of the email.
Output for mailto in HTML
- The “Click here to Send Mail” link displayed for sent mail to the specified address.
- The To address has been set as email@example.com.
- The Cc address has been set as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Bcc address has been set as email@example.com.
- The Subject text has been set as My Subject.
- The Body text has been set as My Body.
Browser Support for mailto in HTML