- For storing huge amount of data in xml format we use XML format.
- As XML is rapidly growing in every field, we need to have a secure place to store the XML Documents.
- Xquery is used to query the data stored in the database, serialized, and exported into the desired format.
Types of XML Database
- XML- enabled
- Native XML (NXD)
XML – Enabled Database
- To convert XML documents we need XML enabled database.
- In this relational database, data is stored in tables in the form of rows and columns.
- The tables contain a set of records, which in turn consist of fields.
Native XML Database
- In this database, the database is based on container rather than table format.
- Large amount of XML document and data can be stored in this database.
- This database is queried by using X-path Expressions.
- This database has an advantage over the XML enabled database.
- It is highly capable to store, query and maintain the XML document than XML-enabled database.