Convert KW to HP (KW/0.75), multiply it by 1.5 gives you the rated current. Multiply it by 1.5 for breaker value.
Here we provide coordination chart link for required rating and model of MCCB.
What is MCCB ?
- Molded case circuit breakers are a type of electrical protection device that is generally used for a wide range of voltages, and frequencies of both 50 Hz and 60 Hz.
- The main distinctions between molded-case and miniature circuit breaker are that the MCCB can have current ratings of up to 2,500 amperes, and its trip settings are usually adjustable.
MCCB has three main functions:
Protection against overload
- Currents above the rated value that last longer than what is normal for the application.
Protection against electrical faults
- During a fault such as a short circuit or line fault, there are very high currents that must be interrupted directly.
Switching a circuit on and off
- This is a less common function of circuit breakers, but they can be used for that purpose if there isn’t a suitable manual switch.