- Pig is a platform for managing large data.
- It uses high level programming to analyse the data.
- The programming is done using the language pig latin.
- It is simple and highly specific.
- The pig Metastore stores all info about the tables. And we can execute spark sql queries because spark can interact with pig Metastore
- Sqoop is a simple tool used for transferring large amount of data.
- It is used for transferring data from hadoop to relational database.
- sqoop can import data from Oracle,MYSQL,SQl.
- Sqoop metastore is a tool for using hosts in a shared metadata repository. Multiple users and remote users execute saved jobs in metastore.