Update command in sqoop:
- There are two approaches to update in sqoop.
- The records inserted are to be added to the target table.
- The sqoop provides an update mode by providing “update-key <column(s)>” command.
- This command is used to generate the SQl update statement.
- If the value in column 1 matches the data is updated else the data is inserted into the table.
- This technique is also refered to as upsert where the default action is update but insertion takes place when matching data is not available.