Parrot Security OS:
- Parrot Security OS is a Debian-based, security-oriented distribution featuring a collection of utilities designed for penetration testing, computer forensics, reverse engineering, hacking, privacy, anonymity and cryptography.
- The product, developed by Frozenbox, comes with MATE as the default desktop environment.
The Specs & Features:
- ParrotSec has a custom made Linux 4.1 kernel and is based on Debian 8.
- It uses the MATE dekstop environment, and “lightdm” as it’s display manager. ParrotSec also comes with it’s own theme.
- That’s it for the specifications of the OS, let’s have a look at what features it has that Kali DOESN’T have!
- This is the thing that makes ParrotSec so useful. ParrotSec has many built-in anti-forensic tools.
- One of the most useful ones being a script called TCCP, which allows you to encrypt a single file, a partition, or even entire drives.
- It also comes pre-installed with tools such as ZuluCrypt, and it has even more anti-forensic tools in the repositories.
- This is a really useful tool. Each time you shut down your computer, the data in your RAM is “lost”, but in reality it is still there.
- It kind of works like how files are being deleted in a hard drive.
- And just like you can recover deleted files, a forensic investigator can recover the data in your RAM, which gives away info on what programs you ran, what you did with those programs, what sites you might’ve visited, etc..
- Pandora’s Box is a tool that removes everything your OS stored in the RAM during your session, and it runs automatically at shutdown, or you can choose to run it manually, though that is not recommended.
- Another neat feature: ParrotSec has a special browser that allows you to surf with a “RAM-Only browser profile”, which means iceweasel will not access your hard drive.
- This is really great if you need to look something up that absolutely nobody may see.
- While it is true that RAM-Only surfing leaves traces in the RAM, you shouldn’t worry, because we have Pandora’s Box!
- This is some kind of script made by the ParrotSec team that completely anonymizes you with just one click of a button, using TOR (though i don’t like TOR anymore).
- Anonsurf automatically routes ALL your traffic through TOR, including your DNS requests to prevent DNS leaks.
isn’t Linux’s mascot a penguin
so shouldn’t it be penguin security
Linux is the best secured platform.
thankyou…it helped me well