There are various reasons why different websites are hindered on the web. Here and there your ISP blocks different set of websites for ambiguous reasons, sometimes the websites are hindered due to location restrictions, and sometimes your office or university blocks websites internally in order to keep you away from diversions. It doesn’t matter what the real reasons are behind the blocked websites, at last it gets quite irritating for the user. Specially, when you actually want to use the website and find out that it’s hindered without any obvious reasons.
So, how would you bypass the website blocks forced on you from your Government or the ISP? How would you utilize your favorite website when it’s hindered in your country? It’s fairly simple. There are several different ways to unblock any blocked website on your computer or smartphone. In this article, we’re going to cover all the different procedures that will give you access any blocked website from anyplace in the world.
Different websites are blocked or have restrictions in certain countries and areas around the world. YouTube is restricted in Pakistan, Twitter/Facebook and large number of famous websites are restricted in China, famous streaming websites like Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime, Spotify, etc are only available in specific countries, so if you want need to access any of the above mentioned websites in non-supported countries then you need a VPN software to help you access these sites even if they are blocked in your area. Below are few couple of various methods of accessing blocked websites from anywhere in the world.
For Desktop or Laptop (Windows PC/Mac)
If you are browsing the internet on your Windows PC/Mac and want to access blocked content on the world wide web then we have a few different methods for you.
Unblocking Websites in your browser
This method works perfectly if you’re using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your daily browser.
For Google Chrome: If Google Chrome is your preferred browser then you can download a proxy extension for your browser that will let you easily access any blocked websites on your PC.
- Just download Browsecor ZenMate on your Google Chrome browser.
- Once installation is complete, you can click the extension icon on top-right corner of Chrome and activate it.
- Once activated, you can easily surf any websites on the web even if they are blocked.
For Mozilla Firefox: Mozilla Firefox also allows you download different proxy add-ons in order to unblock any blocked websites. Luckily, both ZenMate and Browsec add-ons are available for Mozilla Firefox browser as well.
- Click the add-on icon in the top-right corner of Firefox to activate it.
- Once the add-on is activated, you can start browsing all the blocked websites without any hassle.
Unblocking Websites with a VPN
If using extensions and add-ons on your browser is not your cup of tea then you don’t have to worry because we’ve got you covered. You can also install VPN software on your Windows PC to unblock all the websites on the web. There are thousands of VPN software available out there but we bring you the three best VPN services that also offer free service in addition to the paid one.
- Cyberghost VPN: One of the best VPN software available in the market at the moment. You can utlilize this service for free on your PC or you can pay a small fee for the premium version which offers large number of locations and faster speeds than the free version. 1 Year membership costs $34.99. Cyberghost works on multiple platforms.
- Hotspot Shield: Another famous free VPN software for your PC. Also available on multiple platforms and offers great speeds even on the free version. The problem of using the free version is that you will become ads during your browsing session. The Elite version will rate you $29.95 per year.
- Spotflux VPN: One of the most advanced VPN available for your PC. Spotflux free version lets you access all the hindered websites on the web, however, the finest version which costs $37.99 yearly offers ad-blocking features, high-performance locations, data compression, and a lot more features.
All the methods that let you unblock any blocked websites on your desktop or laptop computers. However, if you are searching for a way to unblock websites on your Android smartphone or tablet then keep on reading because we have some tips for all the android users.
Unblock websites on Android smartphones or tablets
It’s even simpler to unblock blocked websites and content on an android phones. If you want to unblock any websites on your android smartphone or tablet then all you have to do is download an app from the Google Play store. Below are the top 3 apps that we consider the best among all other VPN apps available on the Google Play store.
- Cyberghost: Cyberghost is also available as an app for the Android platform. Already you have bought a premium membership for Cyberghost then you’ll be ready to know that your membership also works on the Android app as well. The free version of the app also offers a large collection of locations and servers to choose from.
- Tunnel Bear VPN: Tunnel Bear VPN offers the fastest free servers you will ever experience on a VPN app for Android. However, the data limit for the free version is 1 GB. So if you need to utilize it extensively then you might have to shell out some bucks for the paid membership.
- Hideninja VPN: If you’re waiting for unlimited free data, better security, and faster speeds then you must download Hideninja VPN on your android device because it provides all of that and even some additional features to make your browsing more secure. Also avoids you from online trackers organized by different advertisers to learn more about you.
Unblock websites on iOS devices (iPhone and iPad)
Don’t worry our dear Apple users, we need not forgotten about you. We have compiled the three best VPN apps for iOS devices. If you have an iPhone or an iPad or maybe both these devices then you can download any one of these apps to unblock websites on your iOS device.
- Hotspot Shield: Hotspot shield is back again. One of the best and free VPN apps available for iOS platform. You can also buy the top version to unlock the additional features of Hotspot Shield but the free version provides almost everything that you require from a VPN.
- VpnOneClick: If you are searching for specific IP addresses from your preferred countries then this VPN app will come in actually near. However, the free version will only last you for a few days and then you have to pay for the paid version which costs $1.99 per month.
- Spotflux: Spotflux is also available on the iOS platform and if already you have bought the premium version of the service then your premium membership will also carry over to the iOS device of your choice. The free version provides stable and faster speeds while keeping you protected from online trackers.
These are the methods you can unblock any blocked websites on your desktop, laptop, iPhone, iPad or Android device.