How to Bypass Wifi Mac Filter in Android – Android Wifi Hacks to bypass Mac Filter. Uniquely identifies a specific hardware device like a network adapter of your wifi connection device or NIC card using MAC Address that is Media Access Control address which is a 12 character code. MAC address can uniquely identify your android device over the Internet or the local network.
- What is spoofing?
In the context of network security, a spoofing attack is a situation in which one person or program successfully pretenses as another by fake data, thereby acquire an illegal advantage.
- Spoofing MAC Address on Android Devices
In actuality, MAC address is embedded in our hardware only during its manufacturing, but hacking experts can spoof MAC addresses also.
But before spoofing your own Mac address you need to recognize the real or original MAC address of the hardware which can be done by following these easy steps:
- On the Home Screen of your phone, tap the Menu Button and then go to
- Tap on the About Device and then go to Status
- On scrolling down you can then record the 12 digit address which will be shown under
Wi-Fi Mac address. An address would read something like:
Example MAC address: E5:12:D8:E5:69:97
- Requirements for Spoofing of MAC Address.
- Rooted Android Device
- App that is Busy Box should be installed on your phone.
- Once BusyBox is installed, you need to install Terminalapp
If your device fulfills these requirements you can follow these instructions to spoof your MAC Address:
- Open Terminal App that you installed and type these commands that are listed below:
$ su [HIT ENTER] $ busyboxiplink show eth0 [HIT ENTER]
Doing this, will show your current MAC Address for your confirmation.
2. The next command is that you have to follow is:
$ busyboxifconfig eth0 hw ether XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX [HIT ENTER] Replace XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX with your new MAC address) in the above command.
3. After the above command you have successfully spoofed your MAC Address.
4. To confirm, you can again write the following command:
$ busyboxiplink show eth0 [HIT ENTER]
(Now you should see your new MAC address)