Elasticsearch Search API - elasticsearch - elasticsearch tutorial - elastic search
Elasticsearch Search API
- The API is utilized to look content in Elastic pursuit. Either a client can look by sending a get ask for with question string as a parameter or an inquiry in the message assortment of post ask. Chiefly all the inquiry APIS are multi-file, multi-sort.
learn elasticsearch tutorials - search api Example
- Elastic search allows us to search for the documents present in all the indices or in some specific indices.
- For example, if we need to search all the documents with a name that contains central.
- Or, we can search for the same in schools, schools_gov indices
- We can also search all the documents in an index across all types or in some specified type. For example,
- Many parameters can be passed in a search operation using Uniform Resource Identifier
|Sr.No||Parameter & Description|
This parameter is used to specify query string.
Format based errors can be ignored by just setting this parameter to true. It is false by default.
This parameter helps us to get response from selective fields.
We can get sorted result by using this parameter, the possible values for this parameter is fieldName, fieldName:asc/fieldname:desc
We can restrict the search time by using this parameter and response only contains the hits in that specified time. By default, there is no timeout.
We can restrict the response to a specified number of documents for each shard, upon reaching which the query will terminate early. By default, there is no terminate_after.
The starting from index of the hits to return. Defaults to 0.
It denotes the number of hits to return. Defaults to 10.
Request Body Search
- We can also specify query using query DSL in request body and there are many examples already given in previous chapters like