Features of Hierarchical Model
- This model is based on the tree structure.
- This model contains a collection of records that are connected by each other by links.
- Tree structures that are used in these models are called as routed trees.
- The empty node of a tree is its root node.
- The hierarchical model is a collection of routed trees and the relationship that exists in the hierarchical model is one to many and one to one.
- It is easy to understand.
- More efficient than the ER model.
- When a parent node is deleted, child node will also be deleted because of data inconsistency occurs.
- Stroage space is also wasted.
- Very complex to design.
- Structural Independence is not present.