- Development and operations both play essential roles so as to deliver applications.
- The deployment comprises analyzing the requirements, designing, developing, and testing of the software components or frameworks.
- The operation consists of the administrative processes, services, and support for the software.
- When both the development and operations are combined with collaborating, then the DevOps architecture is that the solution to fix the gap between deployment and operation terms therefore, delivery are often faster.
- DevOps architecture is used for the applications hosted on the cloud platform and large distributed applications.
- Agile Development is used within the DevOps architecture so that integration and delivery are often contiguous.
- When the development and operations team works separately from one another, then it's time-consuming to design, test, and deploy. And if the terms aren't in sync with one another, then it's going to cause a delay within the delivery. So DevOps enables the teams to vary their shortcomings and increases productivity.
Various components of DevOps Architecture
- Without DevOps, the value of the consumption of the resources was evaluated based on the pre-defined individual usage with fixed hardware allocation.
- And with DevOps, the usage of cloud, sharing of resources comes into the picture, and therefore the build depends upon the user's need, which may be a mechanism to regulate the usage of resources or capacity.
- Many good practices like widely used Git enables the code to be used, writing the code for business, helps to trace changes, getting notified about the reason behind the difference within the actual and therefore the expected output, and if necessary reverting to the original code developed.
- The code are often appropriately arranged properly in files, folders, etc. and that they are often reused.
- The application will be ready for production after it is testing.
- Within the case of manual testing, it consumes longer in testing and moving the code to the production.
- The testing are often automated, which decreases the time for testing in order that the time to deploy the code to production are often reduced as automating the running of the scripts will remove many manual steps.
- DevOps use agile methodology to plan the development.
- With the operations and development team in sync, it helps in organizing the work to plan accordingly to increase productivity.
- Continuous monitoring is used to identify any risk of failure.
- It helps in tracking the system accurately in order that the health of the application are often checked.
- The monitoring becomes more comfortable with services where the log data may get monitored through many third-party tools like Splunk.
- Many systems can support the scheduler for automated deployment.
- The cloud management platform enables users to capture accurate insights and consider the optimization scenario, analytics on trends by the deployment of dashboards.
- DevOps changes the way traditional approach of developing and testing separately.
- The teams operate during a collaborative way where both the teams actively participate throughout the service lifecycle.
- The operation team interacts with developers, and that they come up with a monitoring plan which serves the IT and business requirements.
- Deployment to an environment can be done by automation.
- But when the deployment is formed to the production environment, it's done by manual triggering.
- Many processes involved in release management commonly used to do the deployment within the production environment manually to reduce the impact on the purchasers.