Most popular DevOps tools with brief explanation shown in the below figure:
- Nagios is one among the more useful tools for DevOps.
- It can determine the errors and rectify them with the help of network, infrastructure, server, and log monitoring systems.
- Nagios’s graphs and charts help to track the trends. Security threats could be detected and errors could be forecasted as a result of this. Nagios’s plugin system makes it stand out for infrastructure monitoring.
Devops Tools - Nagios
- It also provides to complete monitoring of Java Management Extensions.
- The network analyzer helps to identify bottlenecks and optimize bandwidth utilization.
- It provides complete monitoring of desktop and server operating systems
- It helps to watch components like services, application, OS, and network protocol.
- Git is an open-source distributed version system that's freely available for everyone. It's designed to handle minor to major projects with speed and efficiency.
- It's developed to co-ordinate the work among programmers. The version control allows you to trace and work together with your team members at an equivalent workspace.
- It's used as a critical distributed version-control for the DevOps tool.
- For people to push their work, repositories need to be hosted which would allow Git’s integration with the work flow.
- GitHub and Bitbucket are two of the most common services right now.
Devops Tools - Git
- It is very secure and completes the tasks very fast.
- Git is extremely scalable.
- It supports the pull request.
- It is a free open source tool.
- It allows distributed development.
- It enables a faster release cycle.
- Docker may be a high-end DevOps tool that permits building, ship, and run distributed applications on multiple systems.
- It also helps to assemble the apps quickly from the components, and it's typically suitable for container management.
- Applications are made secure and portable by isolating it into separate containers.
- It is an Operating system oriented. It is an alternative to VirtualBox.
Devops Tools - Docker
- It allows saving secrets into the swarm itself.
- It increases productivity.
- It provides containers that are used to run the appliance in an isolated environment.
- It configures the system easier and faster.
- It routes the incoming request for published ports on available nodes to a active container. This feature enables the connection even if there's no task running on the node.
- Puppet is that the most widely used DevOps tool. It allows the delivery and release of the technology changes quickly and frequently.
- Its features of versioning, automated testing, and continuous delivery.
- It enables to manage entire infrastructure as code without expanding the dimensions of the team. Some of the features are the report generation in real-time, the access-control which is role-based, and the management of Node.
- Thousands of resources and multiple teams could be managed with the Puppet Enterprise.
- The relationship with infrastructure is one the key process of a software development life-cycle which is automated by the Puppet Enterprise.
Devops Tools - Puppet
- It inspects and reports on packages running across the infrastructure.
- It eliminates manual work for the software delivery process.
- Defined and continually enforce infrastructure.
- Desired state conflict detection and remediation.
- It helps the developer to deliver great software quickly.
- Real-time context-aware reporting.
- Model and manage the whole environment.
- Stackify may be a lightweight DevOps tool. It shows real-time error queries, logs, and more directly into the workstation.
- SALTSTACK is an ideal solution for intelligent orchestration for the software-defined data center.
Devops Tools - Saltstack
- It secures multi-tenancy with granular role-based access control.
- It eliminates messy configuration or data changes.
- It allows us to find and fix the bugs before production.
- It provides secure access and configures image caches.
- Flexible image management with a private registry to store and manage images.
- It can trace detail of all the kinds of the online request.
- Jenkins may be a DevOps tool for monitoring the execution of repeated tasks. Jenkins may be a software that permits continuous integration.
- Jenkins are going to be installed on a server where the central build will take place.
- It helps to integrate project changes more efficiently by finding the problems quickly.
- The enormous plugin eco-system of Jenkins is the reason behind its popularity.
- From Docker to Puppet, Jenkins could integrate with almost all the tools of DevOps.
- Jenkins provides hundreds of plugins to support building, deploying and automating any project.
Devops Tools - Jenkins
- It offers 400 plugins to support the building and testing any project virtually.
- It supports continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Jenkins increases the size of automation.
- It can distribute the tasks across multiple machines, thereby increasing concurrency.
- It requires little maintenance and features a built-in GUI tool for easy updates.
- It can easily set up and configure via an internet interface.
- Ansible may be a leading DevOps tool. Ansible is an open-source IT engine that automates application deployment, cloud provisioning, intra service orchestration, and other IT tools.
- It makes it easier for DevOps teams to scale automation and speed up productivity.
- Ansible is easy to deploy because it doesn't use any agents or custom security infrastructure on the client-side, and by pushing modules to the clients.
- These modules are executed locally on the client-side, and therefore the output is pushed back to the Ansible server.
Devops Tools - Ansible
- It helps in avoiding complexity within the software development process.
- It eliminates repetitive tasks.
- It is easy to use to open source deploy applications.
- It manages complex deployments and accelerates the event process.
- A chef may be a useful tool for achieving scale, speed, and consistency. The chef may be a cloud-based system and open source technology.
- This technology uses Ruby encoding to develop essential building blocks like recipes and cookbooks.
- The chef is used in infrastructure automation and helps in reducing manual and repetitive tasks for infrastructure management.
- Chef has got its convention for various building blocks, which are required to manage and automate infrastructure.
Devops Tools - CHEF
- It uses popular Ruby language to make a domain-specific language.
- It can manage multiple cloud environments.
- The chef doesn't make any assumptions about the present status of the node. It uses its mechanism to get the present state of the machine.
- It maintains high availability.
- Splunk may be a tool to form machine data usable, accessible, and valuable to everyone. It delivers operational intelligence to DevOps teams.
- It helps companies to be safer , productive, and competitive.
Devops Tools - Splunk
- Data drive analytics with actionable insight.
- It has the next-generation monitoring and analytics solution.
- Extend the Splunk platform with purpose-built solutions for security.
- It delivers one, unified view of various IT services
- Selenium may be a portable software testing framework for web applications.
- It provides a simple interface for developing automated tests.
Devops Tools - Selenium