- It will defines an agile relationship between operations and Development. It's a process that's practiced by the development team and operational engineers together from starting to the final stage of the product.
- This phase involves the planning and coding of the software.
- The vision of the project is set during the planning phase and therefore the developers begin developing the code for the application.
- There are no DevOps tools that are required for planning, but there are several tools for maintaining the code.
- This is the heart of the whole DevOps lifecycle.
- It's a software development practice during which the developers require to commit changes to the source code more frequently. This might get on a daily or weekly basis. Then every commit is made, and this enables early detection of problems if they're present.
- Building code isn't only involved compilation, but it also includes unit testing, integration testing, code review, and packaging.
- The code supporting new functionality is continuously integrated with the existing code. There's continuous development of software.
- The updated code must be integrated continuously and smoothly with the systems to reflect changes to the end-users.
- Jenkins may be a popular tool utilized in this phase.
- Whenever there's a change within the Git repository, then Jenkins fetches the updated code and prepares a build of that code, which is an executable enter the form of war or jar. This build is forwarded to the test server or the production server.
- This phase where the developed software is continuously testing for bugs. For constant testing, automation testing tools like TestNG , JUnit , Selenium , etc are used.
- These tools allow QAs to check multiple code-bases thoroughly in parallel to make sure that there's no flaw within the functionality.
- Docker Containers are often used for simulating the test environment. Selenium does the automation testing, and TestNG generates the reports.
- This complete testing phase can automate with the help of endless Integration tool called Jenkins
- Automation testing saves a lot of your time and effort for executing the tests rather than doing this manually.
- Apart from that, report generation may be a big plus. The task of evaluating the test cases that failed during a test suite gets simpler.
- We will schedule the execution of the test cases at predefined times. After testing, the code is continuously integrated with the existing code.
- Monitoring may be a phase that involves all the operational factors of the whole DevOps process, where important information about the utilization of the software is recorded and carefully processed to find out trends and identify problem areas.
- The monitoring is integrated within the operational capabilities of the software application.
- It may occur within the form of documentation files or even produce large-scale data about the appliance parameters when it's during a continuous use position.
- The system errors like server not reachable, low memory, etc are resolved during this phase. It maintains the safety and availability of the service.
- The application development is consistently improved by analyzing the results from the operations of the software.
- This is often carried out by placing the critical phase of constant feedback between the operations and therefore the development of the next version of the present software application.
- The continuity is that the essential factor in the DevOps because it removes the unnecessary steps which are required to take a software application from development, using it to find out its issues then producing a far better version.
- It kills the efficiency which will be possible with the app and reduce the amount of interested customers.
- In this phase, the code is deployed to the production servers. Also, it's essential to make sure that the code is correctly used on all the servers.
- The new code is deployed continuously, and configuration management tools play an important role in executing tasks frequently and quickly.
- Some popular tools which are used in this phase, like Chef, Puppet, Ansible , and SaltStack.
- Containerization tools also are playing an important role within the deployment phase. Vagrant and Docker are popular tools that are used for this purpose. These tools help to supply consistency across development, staging, testing, and production environment. They also help in scaling up and scaling down instances softly.
- Containerization tools help to take care of consistency across the environments where the application is tested, developed, and deployed.
- There's no chance of errors or failure within the production environment as they package and replicate an equivalent dependencies and packages utilized in the testing, development, and staging environment. It makes the application easy to run on different computers.
- All DevOps operations are supported the continuity with complete automation of the discharge process and permit the organization to accelerate the overall time to market continuingly.
- It is clear from the discussion that continuity is that the critical factor in the DevOps in removing steps that always distract the event, take it longer to detect issues and produce a far better version of the product after several months.
- We will make any software package more efficient and increase the overall count of interested customers in your product.
- This method is easy to implement and tasks can be arranged easily. Because of its rigid model, DevOps is easy to manage.
- Here, constant monitoring and debugging occur, hence it is less vulnerable and has less of loopholes to errors.
- This cannot be used when working with complex and object-oriented models.
- This method does not accommodate changing requirements.