apache tutorial - what is apache - apache - apache web server - apache server - apache2
what is apache?
- Apache is a remarkable piece of application software.
- It is the most widely used Web Server application in the world with more than 50% share in the commercial web server market.
- Apache is the most widely used Web Server application in Unix-like operating systems but can be used on almost all platforms such as Windows, OS X, OS/2, etc.
- The word, Apache, has been taken from the name of the Native American tribe ‘Apache’, famous for its skills in warfare and strategy making.
- It is a modular, process-based web server application that creates a new thread with each simultaneous connection.
- It supports a number of features; many of them are compiled as separate modules and extend its core functionality, and can provide everything from server side programming language support to authentication mechanism.
- Virtual hosting is one such feature that allows a single Apache Web Server to serve a number of different websites.
Learn appache - appache tutorial - apache - appache examples - appache programs