golang tutorial - Go | Golang | Go Program | Go Introduction - golang - go programming language - google go - go language - go program - google language
- Go (often referred to as golang) is a free and open source programming language created at Google in 2007 by
- Robert Griesemer,
- Rob Pike, and
- Ken Thompson.
- It is a compiled, statically typed language in the tradition of Algol and C,
- with garbage collection,
- limited structural typing,
- memory safety features and
- CSP-style concurrent programming features added.
Features of Go Programming Language :
- The new language includes the following features:
- be statically typed, scalable to large systems ( Like Java and C++)
- be productive and readable, without too many mandatory keywords and repetition ("light on the page" like dynamic languages)
- not require integrated development environments, but support them well
- support networking and multiprocessing
Features Not available
- No support for type inheritance
- No support for method or operator overloading
- No support for circular dependencies among packages
- No support for pointer arithmetic
- No support for assertions
- No support for generic programming
- A Go program can vary from 3 lines to millions of lines and it should be written into one or more text files with extension ".go"; for example, hello.go.
- "vi", "vim" or any other text editor to write your Go program into a file.