555 Timer LED Flasher - 555 timer applications
Applications of 555 Timer
Applications include :
- Precision timing
- Pulse generation
- Sequential timing
- Time delay generation and
- Pulse width modulation (PWM).
- NA555, NE555, SA555, SE555 Precision Timers. These devices are precision timing circuits. Timing From Microseconds to Hours producing accurate time delays or oscillation.
- The pulse generation is made with the 555 timer IC. The circuit is an astable multivibrator with a 50% pulse duty cycle.
- In astable mode, the output from the 555 timer is a continuous pulse waveform of a specific frequency that depends on the values of the two resistors (RA and RB) and capacitor (C) used in the circuit.
- This type of sequential controller is required for injection moulding machine, back sealing experiments where it required to activate solenoids, relays other activating mechanism for a predefined time sequentially one by one. Sequential timer is used for control process. The timer IC 555 is operated in monostable mode.
Time delay generation
- It also has a potentiometer to adjust the time delay, where can increase of decrease the time delay by just rotating the potentiometer.
- Here we have used 9 V battery and 5V optional relay for switching the AC load. A 5v voltage regulator is used for giving 5v regular supply to the circuit.
Pulse width modulation (PWM)
- PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) is a important feature of today's every microcontroller due to its requirement for controlling many devices in every field of Electronics almost.
- PWM is widely used for motor controlling, lighting controlling etc.